Chapter 16

Rose got up and floated back up into the air.

"What will you do, you measly maid?!" cackled Rose. Kye flew up at her.

"This is what I'll do you bitch!" He punched her, his hand glowing with black magic. From the punch, her face developed a black crack, going down the middle of her whole face.

"Look, her face is now a butt" joked Zaron.

"Not the time, Zaron!" said Eve. Rose felt her face. BAM! Another punch was thrown at her. More cracks showed up on her face. She fell to the ground in pain. Kye flew down to her. She got up, preparing a spell, while staggering backward. He blasted her with dark energy. She screamed in pain as cracks were now all over her body. Her arm suddenly fell off. No blood, just pitch black, as if her body was filled with nothing but black. It suited her; it matched the darkness in her heart. Her body fell apart into many pieces. She screamed in pain before her body turned all black. All that was left was dust. Kye stared down, breathing hard. Everyone stood in awe. Zaron broke the silence.

"I didn't realize Rose was a garden gnome!" He said. Everyone stared at him. "What? Don't you make jokes when stuff happens?" They chuckled at Zaron's remark. The island itself was no longer floating, and the night sky was now visible; the storm was gone. Anna slowly approached Kye. He was no longer standing where Rose had perished, but instead he was now looking at the stonified queens. He gently touched Luna's golden hard face. Anna put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's alright, we'll figure something out," She said. Kye looked deeply into her eyes. He seemed startled now.

"Sapphire, you eyes just turned green!" He said.

"My name is Anna, actually. And these green eyes are my true eye color," said Anna.

"How can we fix them?" asked Kye.

"I can try to unstonifiy them," said Betty. She approached the gold statues. She breathed in, closing her eyes. Rubbing her hands together caused a strange white glow to come from them. She placed her hands outward, and the white energy caused the statues to lose their gold coloration. The queens were now free, as they fell to the ground. They all gasped at once and got up.

"Sapphire, you came back!" cried Pearl. Anna smiled.

"It's Anna. Let me explain everything."