Trouble at Nirva Island - I

Beam POV

"All passengers please get ready! We will be arriving in Nirva Island shortly!" one of the crew announced in the passenger deck. He repeated the statement until he reached the end of the corridor.

I was all set already since I really don't have much luggage. Just souvenirs for people at the palace.

I went out of my room and went to the front deck. I see Nirva Island in the horizon. My jet black hair wig fluttering along the ocean breeze.

"Beam, we will be docking in Nirva Island in 15 minutes. Have you already packed?" Tal, the captain of the ship, said behind me.

 Have you already packed?" Tal, the captain of the ship, said behind me

A/N: Tal is one of the Stars of Destiny in Suikoden IV. He's one of the Gaien Knights Cadet with the Earth affinity.

"Yes I am Tal thank you." I beamed a shy smile. "Thanks also for all of your help. My travel in your ship has been relatively easy because of your assistance."

Tal smile back. "It's nothing Beam. Quite frankly it's my first time to become a captain for a passenger-cargo vessel. After the war, I retired as a knight and became a fisherman. I was only able to relax because I was talking to you about your experience in the ship."

I came a bit closer and peered my face near his. I grinned teasingly. "It's alright Tal. You just need to make sure your passengers' needs are addressed that's all.

He blushed.

I touched his strong arms, still teasing him. I circled my arms on one and placed my head on his shoulder. "It was fun here with you."

"Falena is your homeland right?" asked Tal. Nirva Island growing bigger as we gaze upon it.

"Yeah..." I exasperated.

"Why aren't you excited? You're supposed to be coming home."

"Well, Nirva Island is not exactly home yet. It's a joint jurisdiction between your country, the Island Nations Federation and Falena. I grew up in the mainland, at the capital, Sol-Falena."

"The capital huh? So you must be of noble descent." He's the one teasing me now, looking at me with a grin.

"Maybe..." I teased back.

We laughed with our silly banters.

"Anyway Beam, I need to get back to prepare for the docking procedures..." His face slowly drooping down.

"Will I..." He hesitated for a moment. "...be able to see you again?"

I knew my subtle flirting with him will come to this. But I didn't mean too. I guess I just felt lonely after being alone for so long and he's the longest I've ever talked to after I set out home from Harmonia.

A/N: Harmonia is the country where Beam studied Military Science. Just to give you an idea. Let's say geographically, Falena is equivalent to Australia, then by distance, Harmonia is equivalent to Russia.