Daddy Issues

MINOR ABUSE

"Sherwin! What have we said about this dance thing?" His father yelled, the rest of his redheaded family standing behind him before quickly exiting.

"I was just watching it!" He said, pointing to the dvd playing on his bedroom television, "its exercise!"

"I don't care what it is! You know the rules! Your mother may have tolerated such sissy behavior, but I will not," He removed the disk from the dvd player and stalked off, "none of that girly stuff for my son!"

The rest of his family didn't make eye contact with him as they filtered out of his room.

○•○

"Sherwin!" His father called from downstairs.

Sherwin dropped the book he had been reading, racing downstairs, stubbing a toe or two on the way down. He came to a skidding halt in front of his father.
"Yes sir?" He asked, looking up at the redheaded monster who just so happened to be blood related to him.

"The trash was supposed to be taken out before I got home. Would you like to explain to me why it is not outside?" He growled, jabbing a finger behind him where the trashcan stood, still full of trash.

"I-I was-" Sherwin began to explain himself before he was cut off by a harsh hand to the face with such a force that it brought him to his behind on the floor. Tears bubbled in his eyes as he held his cheek.

"Don't you dare start crying, I already have a disappointment of a son, I don't need another reason to be embarrassed by you," he said, crouching down and grabbing his chin, forcing him to look him in the eyes, "Don't let it happen again."

"Y-yes, sir," Sherwin whimpered out before the other let go, walking off. He took a moment to collect himself before standing, taking out the trash, putting a new bag in the bin, and heading up to his room.

"Sher? Sherwin? Sherwin!"

"I'm up!! I'm up!" The redhead sat up, looking around wildly before his eyes settled on his teacher, standing at the front of the room with her hands on her hips.

"Please try to sleep at home," she said before turning back to the lesson written on the chalk board.

Sherwin groaned, sinking down in his chair as the class snickered. He sighed, the rest of the lesson going in one ear and coming out the other. As the bell rang, he sloppily gathered his things and headed for lunch.

"Hey Sher!" A cheery voice greeted him. He turned, smiling at his blonde friend.

"Hey Sydney," he returned, slowing his pace slightly so she could walk beside him.

"I heard that the football team comes back today, you excited?" She asked, entering the lunch line and grabbing them both a tray. She handed one to Sherwin.

"Thanks," he said, grabbing a cheeseburger off the hotline, "and yeah, I'm excited. I haven't seen him in forever."

The blonde laughed, "'forever'? Hes only been gone for a few days! Most of which were over the weekend!"

Sherwin paid for his food, waiting in the doorway for her as she typed in her name, "Well, it still feels like forever. I miss him."

Sydney joined him and they sat down at a table by the windows, "well, I'm sure he misses you too. 5:00 pm, right?"