Don't Lose Control

"As a Queen, I'll do everything to remain in power."

"For this kingdom, you have to make sacrifices, big or not."

"You would know, Jauregui." she held my chin up to face her. "You think I'm evil but we're the same."

"You and I would kill anyone if someone gets in our way."

"You're a monster." I choked through the pain, my heartbeat was irregular that I ached for Camila to touch it just to calm me down.

"Lauren-" Rodrick called out in concern but the Queen blocked his contact between us with her figure. She was enjoying it. The sick bastard was enjoying the torture her information has put me through. Don't lose control, I told myself repeatedly.

"I have made your life a living hell, Jauregui, even before you met me." she continued and I shut my eyes enough to get my own eyelids tired. "Do you know who I killed who got in the way?"

Don't lose control.

"Instead of supporting her own husband, she supported her husband's greatest enemy."

Don't lose control.

"What kind of love is that?" She sneered. "Turning away from your own husband and betraying him."

Don't lose control.

"Queen Clara, your mother the dearest"

Gods help me. Don't let me lose control.

"You should've seen how she died-"

"That's enough." Lucius held her arm but she pushed his grip away.

I was raging, my mind was in a complete mess. At this point, I didn't even care if it was all lie. Nothing will ever be the same. I was feeling all emotions at once, poured into me like a hot lava and I'm forced to suffer through it all.

It was as if something has possessed me for the chains around my wrists snapped in an instant and I didn't hesitate. I lurched to her, my sharp claws and fangs contracting out at the same time. The hot lava in me was ripping my flesh inside out, seeping into each and every nerve as it took control of my senses yet I didn't care. I let it control me, I let my rage consume me.

Although I know I shouldn't as soon darkness and red covers the corners of my eye. But I can remember a distant memory at the back of my head amidst my rage, an unexpected memory seeping at the back.

I can see a little figure in a cell, cowering in the corner with a bleeding neck. But as soon as I focus on what's around me, the cell I'm in and control myself, I cannot reach for that memory and I am forced to remain oblivious again.

I couldn't hear their voices, it's as if I'm trapped in a hollow shell of awareness but I am partially aware of the hot blood in my veins, my claws aching as I feel flesh underneath me. I must have broken through the chains as I felt no limitations on my wrist. Again, a vision seeps into my head the same time the darkness consumes me.

I was tempted to cling onto that distant memory even at the cost of my rage until I heard my father's distant calls on me. "Lauren!"

Snapping my head up, the blood on the corners of my eye slowly faded away but stayed just in case I choose to give into my rage anyway as I hitched my breath at my surroundings.

I wasn't in the cell anymore and it scared me with the fact that I only took a peek at my memories that my own body suddenly gave in to the rage and brought me to the hall of our castle, not so far from the cell I was in but enough for my claws to be pooled with blood. The Queen beside my father on the throne had a bleeding arm, hell, her arm looks like it's one second away from being ripped apart from her torso. I did that. I didn't even feel it.