Slowly Living

The bell rang. The students hurriedly opened and slammed the lockers shut. It's the second recess of the day, PE's and breaks are the only things they look forward for throughout the day. And since it was such a long summer, I bet they can't wait to tell about it to their friends. I placed my books in the locker, carefully stacking them so they won't fall out when I opened the locker. I looked at the pictures on my locker door. It's all filled with me and Shawn, Ashley and my mom on a vacation. Some even goofy ones, where Shawn is puckering his lips like mine.

I smiled. I have been friends with him for 9 years now, since I was a child. I feel like he's a part of me now. I remembered Hailee calling me out to head to her for recess, so I immediately threw my bag inside and shut my locker.

"Hello there, "partner"." A raspy voice beside me greeted.

"AHH!"

Lauren was awfully close to me. Her head leaning on the locker as she smiled, how can this girl make me jump twice in a day? I seemed to be out of words, and she waited for me to ask her something.

"Hi." I blurted out. Seriously, Camila? Out of all the things you can say that's what you say? "Do you move that silently?"

"I can make a noise, if you want." She rocked herself back and forth on her heels as she crossed her arms. Goodness gracious. "I mean, it will attract attention though."

"I don't mean-" I shut my mouth. I might say something stupid again, did I just assume she said something dirty. "Nevermind."

"Do you know where's Ashley?" She asked as I crossed my arms too, fiddling with the hem of my sleeves.

"You came all this way to ask me where she is?" I rolled my eyes, bothered. She raised her eyebrows with satisfaction, obviously taken back with my sudden attitude, oh my Sun Goddess. "Not that I care."

"She's supposed to give me a tour, I can't find her anywhere." She said, not taking her eyes off me. What is with vampires and not taking their eyes off you when they speak?

"A class, maybe. Schedules are complicated nowadays." I looked at my shoes and tapped on the tile below us. Can I go away? Do I want to go away? I don't really feel comfortable but I feel comfortable. Why am I so complicated? "Anyways, I gotta go-"

"Princess Cabello!"

I turned around and I immediately wish I didn't. Zayn was there with a huge ass smirk on his face. Cheeky bastard actually thinks I am into him? He grinned flirtatiously and stood infront of me.

"Atleast that idiot Shawn wouldn't be here to say no for you now." He laughed doing that move to show off his biceps again. "So come with me this recess."

"To be a rebound after you and Ashley broke up?" I huffed through my nose. "No, thank you."

"Come on, Cabello." He urged this time desperately. "I know you have a crush on me."

He walked closer to me. "Your majesty would be surprised with what I have in mind?"

I took a step back and accidentally hit on Lauren's body. I felt her hands touch my waist to support me from falling and I held my breath, surprised by the sudden contact.

"Careful, mija." She said in a low voice behind me.

I tensed, I can feel my face turning red. Oh Sun Goddess, I don't know what I have gotten myself into.

L.J.

"So?" Zayn asked her.

"She doesn't want to. Didn't you hear her? Get lost." My voice suddenly boomed, I felt Camila flinched at my sudden outburst in my hands. Oh how, adorable.