My Own Creation

"Run straight back into the forest as far as you can." The man in armour ordered as  the teenager pulled me beside her, her movements elegant as she rode on the back of the horse.

"Rodrick!" She called out towards him as we both looked back at the sounds of soldiers running after us with their horses. 'Rodrick' lifted me up with haste and placed me behind her, my tiny arms wrapping around her waist tightly.

"Your highness, Go!" He waved his arm in frustration, gripping his sword on the other. "Never look back!" He yelled, positioning himself into a fighting stance against the soldiers.

The girl urged the horse to move, touching my hand to make sure I don't fall off due to its aggressive run. Its hooves stomping on the soil sending my small body hopping off its back. I wrapped my arm tighter around her, afraid if I let go I'll never be able to make it.

"Don't worry, mija." She must've read my mind, her thumb stroked the back of my hand in comfort. "I got you."

As soon as she said that, an arrow passed by infront of my eyes. I cried out in fear even the horse stopped and neighed. "Calm down." She rubbed its neck, trying to keep its hooves back to the ground.

It was in vain. Another arrow went flying through the air, nearly hitting her but it hit the horse's side, the arrow plunging deep into its flesh. It cried out and soon we both flew off of its back. I curled myself into a ball preparing for impact but she wrapped her arms around me, depriving me of any painful contact to the ground.

Her feet slid off the soil, leaving smoking tracks like a carriage would do if it came to an abrupt stop. "Be careful!" I heard one of the arrowshooters' order as an arrow passed by my shoulder.

Another arrow flew, hitting the girl on the knee. My eyes widened in panic as she cried out in pain. "Damn impures." She muttered angrily, her eyes turning red that it had me flinching.

"Get away from her!" A man emerged from the bush in a blink of an eye, pulling me away from her and I cried out.

"Don't worry, princess. We're here to save you." He aimed his glowing crossbow at the girl. "Your father is in the castle."

"No!" I tried to reach for the crossbow as the girl tried to snap the arrow thrusted into her in half. "No, she saved me!".

"It's Lucian's daughter." He suddenly laughed in delight as the men approached us. I got out of his grip and stood infront of the crossbow, he looked in confusion.

"How dare you compel her to save yourself." The man gritted his teeth at the girl as I try to cover her from his weapon. "Princess, please move."

"No!" I cried out as he pushed me aside to be held by a soldier.

"Our orders were to rescue the princess, nothing more." One of the men tried to convince the man with the crossbow but he ignored him. The girl glared, as she broke the arrow from her knee.

"This is our chance." The man spoke, unblinking. "That monster Lucian deserves it. He'll understand our pain... to lose a loved one."

"Let's stick to the plan-"

"We have a celestial weapon, Kyle." He growled, placing his finger on the trigger. "Powerful enough to kill a royal. A mere stake won't do. Are you saying we should give this up?"

"The Jorrden king gave us this weapon to defend ourselves not kill someone, this is disrespectful to the Gods-"

"He won't find out."

I was too slow to gather the threads like how I practiced back in school, my inexperience became the cause of someone's death. The man pulled the trigger, my ears ringing as I witnessed the arrow plunged straight into her heart. I cried out, using my energy to push the man off of me and running straight to her body.