Chapter 2- Patton

Tw: swearing, self harm, suicide, assumed abuse.

A few hours earlier

"Can you contribute some useful to conversation for once? There's no need to be childish here, when something obviously wrong with Thomas." Roman snaped at me. "Sorry." I mutter, quixkly replacing the pain on my face to my normal smile. He didn't hear or see me. Nor did Logan. Thomas looked like he was on the verge of a break down. Useful. Something I'm not. Those word echo in my head. I'm constantly having a mental argument in my head, but as long as I'm happy, and make sure the others are ok, and fed and sleep, and not stressed, than everything is fine. If the others are fine, I'm fine.

"Patton? We need you here, not in la la land." Logan snaps his fingers in front of my face and I am knocked out of my trance. "Whaddya say kiddo?" Logan rolls his eyes and repeat what he said, " Well, Thomas was saying that he didn't feel right. He feels more nervous  More.... anxious." He looks at me expectantly and continues, "You are the core of most of his feelings,  I would expect you to have an answer." He finishes, rubbing his temples. "Sorry about that, kiddo. I'll try to be more happier. So you don't feel so bad." I smile and they all look satisfied with that response.

"Well if we are done here, than I shall retreat to my room." Roman says with a nervous chuckle. He thinks no one knows he sneaks out to hang with his brother Remus, but I don't want to confront him about and make him stressed. I once saw him on the hill with Remus. I don't like him much, but if he make Roman happy, then I'll allow it. Besides, me and Logan don't always want to go on his adventures. They always involve going into some sort of forest, where the creepy crawly death dealers are.

"Well, I'm gonna go no. I'll work hard to make you happier kiddo." I smile and sink out. As soon as I'm in the mind palace, I rush to my room. When I step in, i get that rush of happiness I usually get, but then all of my horrible emotions come flooding back.

Needlessly Childish.

Not Responsible enough.

Stupid.

Cause of problems

Nothing

'Can you contribute some useful to the conversation  for once?'

The words echo in my head.

Useless

Why was I made this way? I slide on my cat onesie and curl up as tight as i can inside of it. Its my safe place. I let my barrier down and tears flow. Im shaking and sad and scared. What would the other think of me if they saw me? Mabey a cat nap will make me feel better.

I close my eyes and hope for a good dream. Nearly instantly, I am thrown into a high school. I'm walking down to my English class and there, next to my seat, is a boy with a black botton up shirt, and a blue the. He has brown, nearly black hair and eyes with square glasses perched high on his nose. He looks a lot like Logan. He looks up from his book and somewhat smiles at me.

"Hi, I'm  Patton! Nice to meet you!" I say enthusiastly while I hold out my hand. He shakes it and says, "Salutions, Patton. I am Logan." He talks exactly like Logan too. And has the same name. Is this a coincidence? Is the person i like in this dream? Is this like a pass life or something? "Are you new here? I haven't seen you around." I question him. It would seem, that I myself can't control what dream Patton is doing. It's like I'm watching a movie, but from his eyes. It's a strange feeling, having no control over your own body.
"Yes, I have recently transferred to this school." Logan nods. "I can show ya around if you want!" Logan seems happy about that idea and nods. I take my seat as the bell goes and English starts. It feels like a second when the bell goes again and it's lunch. I follow Logan to where his locker is and show him around.

He follows me to multiple class rooms and areas, when up ahead we see a bunch of bullies exit the bathroom. I sprint to the bathroom (I don't know why), and in there seems a very beat up, skinny boy. "Virgil? Verge? Are you okay? Verge! VIRGIL!" Dream me yells at him. It would seem he is my friend. "Yep! Alive and breathing!" He jumps up and nearly imdently falls over again. I catch him, introduce him to Logan and invite him to lunch. He seems off and I ask him where his lunch is. "Hmm, what?" Virgil looks at me and I repeat what I said, "Where's your lunch? I haven't seen you eat in weeks. At least at school." HOW IS THIS KID STILL ALIVE? HE HAS SO MANY BRUSIES ON HIMAND NOW NO LUNCH? "Just didn't have time in the morning. Don't worry about me." He brushes off the question.

The day seems to drag on, then I walk home. I see a female and male fighting. I run up to my room and lock myself in the room. Not two minutes later the door is banging. "Patton! OPEN THIS god damn door!" Dream Patton looks at arms and legs. They are covered with scratches and bruises. Guess he covered them with makeup or something. The banging stops after awhile and I'm back at high school. It would seem my dream skipped a month or something because i accidently lift Virgils sleeve and there are a lot of cuts. "What the fuck is that." I rarely swear by the look on his face. He pulls his wrist away, and Logan catches it. "It's unhealthy for you to cut your self Virgil. It can leave some serious scares when you're older." Logan says consenred. By the look on his face, Logan rarely show emotions. "Who says I'm gonna be older." Virgil mutters and before I can process what he ment, the home bell went. Shit. He's gonna kill himself. "Wait!" I yell as I sprint towards him. I can hear him talking to me, facing me.

"Hey Patton. I just wanted to let you know, I hope you can live a happy life, knowing what I'm about to do Is for the best. You see, my home is pretty shit. So, please, forgive and forget about me. And know," I'm nearly there, "I Think you and Logan woukd make a cute couple." He finnished and gives a slight smile.
"WAIT!" He steps back and is hit by a bus. And I was so close to saving him too.

I jolt up form that horrible dream and see it's dark out. I check the clock and its 2 am. Theres no point in going back to sleep, so I decied to go for a walk. With my cat onesie still on, I sneak outside and lean against the tree on a hill. Its quiet a beuatiful view from here. Breathing out i cant hold it in any longer. I start to sob. What was that dream? Why was it so random. I now notice that, I don't feel super anxious. Usally, I would be terrified of nearly everything and I wouldn't dare go outside when it is dark. Its like some of the anxiety has... gone away. I hear someone start to hyperventlate behinde me.

On the other side of the tree.

----

Words 1277

Cliffhanger! IDK what to write here so ya.

Love ya
- An Aussie Unicorn