Fourteen

Baby can you focus...on me?
H.E.R

Who sets the limit on how far is too far? How do you know how far can push? If the lines set become blurred how do you know when you've crossed them? Is it when you no longer recognize the person staring back at you in the mirror?

Is it even a bad thing? Isn't that just called growth?

"Oh no we are not doing this together." I shook my head standing outside of Victoria's Secret. The glitter in the floor was giving me an uneasy feeling as I stood between Marcus and Finn.

"This is what you want right?" Finn winked before walking into the store. I know he still didn't believe that I was down to do this. "You have to look the part."

Marcus began roaming the isles touching things he had no business touching. "This is the safest choice so that we stay away from the weird parts of the internet. Instead of being some weird schoolgirl fetish or nurse, you'll be the girl next door!" Marcus laughed as if we were all in on his joke. I felt my face flush. "The girl everyone wants but no one can touch. It's perfect. Now pick out some stuff and call us once you put it on."

I fished through the lacy bras and panties trying to imagine myself in them. I truly didn't know the first thing about being sexy. Granted, I thought I was sexy but how was I to be sure other people thought so too.

I picked out a few things then went into the dressing room. I said a quick thank you prayer to the heavens that I shaved my legs. One I put on my outfit of choice I sent a group text to the guys to signal for them to come back.

"You ready?" I heard the giddiness in Marcus' voice. He was too excited for this. I fully understand why he sent August and Jordan away. Jordan would jizz in his pants just walking in the store and my stomach would probably turn watching August fall into his imagination as his eyes poured over me.

"You don't have to come out if you don't want...ouch." I heard shuffling behind the curtain as if Marcus had elbowed Finn vetoing his response.

"He didn't mean that he meant come out when you're ready." Marcus was right though. I know Finn didn't mean it I could tell it by the longing in his voice. He only said that because it was the most Finn thing to say. To reassure and redirect.

A giggle escaped my lips as I pulled back the curtain. Their expected grins morphed into disappointed scowls. Marcus was the first to interject. "What the fuck is that?"

I looked down at the pink silk robe that was covering the black and pink pin stripped camisole on my torso. The robe stopped just at my thighs. But the ensemble left everything to the imagination since my bottom half was clad in the matching pants.

"I definitely didn't know they sold that much...material." Finn scratched the back of his head like he was searching for something nice to say but that was all he could come up with.

I thought it looked very much like the image Marcus had painted for me. Was the girl next door not literally just your average chick?

"If you were going to go the unfuckable route we could have gone to Walmart and picked up some more of your favorite sweats and a pack of days of the week panties." Marcus was laying it on so thick I winced at his words.

"Wow way to be blunt." I rolled my eyes then tossed my hair over my shoulder. "I'll just pick out something else." I started to close the curtain when Marcus snatched it back open.

"Oh no you don't Beckett." He interjected, "you have lost your picking privileges. We will pick since you clearly don't know what guys would want to see you in."