Chapter 9: The Nightsky

Your P.O.V.

You decided to try flying around again with your wings to open your mind in a sense. You were trying to piece together what was even real from your past life. Your past at the Hawkins lab place was real according to El which means your brother had to be real. You had to find Sam, he seemed to be the only person who could give you answers to anything since Mr. Smith did not help you at all. Maybe El could give you some type of hint of where he was. You saw the sun setting and decided you should probably get back to Joyce's after finally being able to clear your head. Besides you needed to apologize to Steve for running off. You thought that maybe you could do that tomorrow and you just needed to get home to forget what had happened with Mr. Smith. Your feet touched the ground with a sigh. You warmed up a little bit as your wings morphed back into your skin. You grabbed your shirt from your pocket to put over your tank top where the straps were tied around your neck. Then you pulled the jacket tied around your waist to put back on your arms. It was starting to get dark as you tried to make your way out of the forest. Gosh I should not have ran out into the woods you thought to yourself. You ran your hands over your face thinking about how dramatic you were. But how could I not be dramatic when I can't remember my whole fricking life you thought to yourself. You kicked up some dirt on the ground in frustration. Why can't I just remember?

"Y/N!"

Someone yelled scaring the crap out of you. Then you realized whose voice it was and started to run towards it. 

"Steve."

You let out hoping he'd hear you.

"Y/N?"

He asked realizing he was closer to you. 

"Over here."

You barely let out before making eye contact with him. He smiled at you before you ran over to hug him a little too aggressively. His cheek pressed against your head in a sigh while his arms wrapped around you. He tightened the hug a little bit as you felt warmth from his embrace.

"I was so worried."

He whispered as you sighed a little bit. 

"I'm sorry... I just need to get out of there I wasn't thinking..."

You apologized as he lifted his head off of yours to bring your gaze to his with his fingers. 

"I thought you would be at my thinking spot... and then when you weren't there I just started running around the forest screaming your name like a psycho.."

He let out relieved with a laugh as he stroked your cheek with his thumb. 

"Again... I'm sorry."

"You're okay, that's what matters, I'm not mad... I promise."

"Are you sure?"

You said while shaking a little bit as you stiffened up ready for something to happen. You just really didn't know what. He immediately shot you a confused stare. 

"Hey.. hey I'm sure.. don't worry.."

He started before moving into hugging you again. You lightened up as you were confused on why you were acting scared of Steve. He had done nothing to make you feel like this. 

"I could never be mad at you, okay?"

He assured you as you started to feel okay again. You sighed in relief as you could feel his smile on your head. 

"I'm sorry.. I don't know why I acted like that."

You apologized as Steve pulled away to make eye contact with you again. His hands met your cheeks with a friendly smile.