Chapter 12: The Sister

Your P.O.V.

You were standing in front of a 7-11 nervous of something that would happen next. A fancy car pulled up to a spot making your heart beat fast. Then a man came out of the car walking towards you. The man who scared you more than anything. Brenner. You were confronting him.

"You found what I asked for?"

He asked in a harsh tone coming close to your face. 

"Yes, I have..."

You replied swallowing deeply. Then you stood up straight gaining your confidence. 

"Now, I'll bring you to them only if you let my brother go."

"No, show me the others."

"No, show me Sam."

You immediately fired back ready to keep your ground. 

"You know what happens to you when you talk back to me."

"What are you going to do? Hurt the only person who can tell you where your new test subjects are? The best thing you can do here is to let my brother go."

You let out with a condescending look while crossing your arms.

"I don't need you to show me where they are."

"If you don't need me then why ask me to do this?"

You let out in frustration trying to hide the fear growing inside you. 

"To make sure I could still trust you... and it turns out I can't."

He said with resentment in his voice. You immediately started to lose your confidence not knowing where he was going with this."

"Of course you can still trust me, why would I leave my brother with you?!"

You combated trying to keep in your emotions.

"This incident here is why I have made the decision to move to a disclosed location where you'll never see your brother again."

"No, no I have found a load of subjects with different powers that you could experiment on... please!"

You screamed begging him to stop with no use as he scoffed in front of you. 

"Goodbye Y/N, I expected more from you..."

He trailed off placing his finger on your chin to raise your puffed red face to stare straight into his sinister gaze. 

"... especially since I viewed you as my own daughter."

He let out before walking away from you back to the car he came in and immediately drove away. You didn't get a chance to have any closing words to him as you tried to keep it together. You sat down in your heap of emotion of never being able to see your brother again. The emotions finally took over as you broke down in front of the gas station. Sobbing on the ground, you heard your name. You glanced up to see Mr. Smith running towards you. 

"What happened?! Why didn't he believe you?"

He questioned quickly helping you up from the ground. He pulled you into a hug of comfort to whatever Brenner said to you. 

"I've neglected to tell you something... I'm so sorry.."

You said between sobs as he backed out of the hug with a concerned look on his face. 

"What is it?"

"They put a chip in my brain when I was twelve as a punishment, it reads my feelings and tracks me as far as I know but I thought if I was out of range long enough which I was... it would malfunction... but it looks like I was wrong."