Ch.20 Nail Salon

**Chapter 20**

Kassidi laughs at Trystan’s joke as he paints a black bird onto her thumb.

“So how are you and Wyatt?” Trystan asks once they stop laughing.

Kassidi had told Trystan about Wyatt just two weeks ago when they first started to talk. Turns out that Trystan met him once or twice.

“Uhm,” Kassidi starts. How does she explain her and Wyatt’s little fight they had just earlier that day? That Wyatt has never pressured her into anything until today, or was it just her hormones making her go crazy?

“I’m sorry, but you have a fight?” Trystan asks and looks up at her.

Kassidi gives in and nods her head yes. “It was stupid, really. It was mainly me and my hormones anyway.”

Trystan nods his head in understanding. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, it wasn’t your fault.”

“Still, you two shouldn’t fight.”

“Yeah, I know. Sometimes I just freak out on him.” Kassidi admits.

“I know how that is. I had a girlfriend last year who did that all the time. We dated for six months and she would randomly freak out on me.”

Kassidi shakes her head, a bit of jealousy creeping in her stomach from him talking about a girlfriend, even a past one. “I can’t help it though. Sometimes I just freak and I don’t know why. Something he does will tick me off and I’ll start to yell or scream at him, I do that to my dad too.”

“Hey, at least you two can get through it.”

“Sometimes I don’t think we will though. Like sometimes he will get this look on his face that I hate so much because it puts a bad feeling in my gut. It’s like I know he is getting tired of me but he doesn’t know how to say it. It hurts to think that he might be slipping away from me.”

“Yeah, me and my girlfriend slipped away.”

“I’m sorry.”

“In a way it was depressing since we had been together for six months, but in a way it was relieving to finally get a breather.” Trystan sighs. “I know that sounds really mean, but we are both happier now that we aren’t together.”

“Some people just aren’t meant for each other.” Kassidi sighs, hoping that she and Wyatt are meant for each other, but deep down, did she really want to be with Wyatt anymore?

“How does this look?” Trystan asks holding up her nails for her to see. His smile is huge and pearly white and Kassidi can’t help but enjoy the butterflies in her gut.

She looks down at her nails. The tips are now green but Trystan somehow managed to make them look like the tops of a tree with little black birds flying away from it on her two thumbs.

“There,” Kassidi stares at them more closely by putting her hand closer to her face. Trystan bites his lip and gets a worried look on his face. “Beautiful.” Kassidi finally whispers out.

Trystan lets out a small breath and smiles at her again. “I was afraid you wouldn’t like them.”

“Trystan,” Kassidi says. “These are amazing. How do you do it all by hand? I’ve seen other nail artists use stencils and tape, but you use nothing.”

Trystan shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t know. I’ve always been able to free hand my things.”

Kassidi shakes her head. “I just want to put them on display now.”