Ch.27 Jace's House

**Chapter 27**

 Nicoletta paces back and forth in the Family Room of her house with Kassidi sitting on the couch.

"It's been a while, why don't you sit down?" Arabella says as she brings in the Hot Cocoa for them.

"I can't, I tried." Nicoletta says.

"Well at least sit down to drink your cocoa before it gets cold,"

Nicoletta bites her whole bottom lip and accidentally bites one of her lip rings in the process. She sits down next to Kassidi and Arabella hands her the warm mug.

"Honey, they will call when they find something out, alright?" Arabella tries to calm her down.

Nicoletta just bites her lip and nods, really it looks like a really small head bang going on.

"So I'm still confused on what's going on," Kassidi says and puts her mug to her lips to sip at the cocoa.

Nicoletta had called her mom right after lunch telling her that Delilah was having family problems so they took her and Jace to the Police Station, and that she now needed a ride home, which they picked Kassidi up on the way so she could be in the loop as well. Of course both of them were curious as to why Jace went with Delilah as well, to which Nicoletta had no answer for. Nicoletta told Kassidi and Arabella all that she saw from the little time she was in the hallway and from what she heard floating all over the school once they left. Nicoletta told them she, Jace, and Zach were all in the lunchroom eating when some kid ran in saying there was drama with a pregnant girl and the police in the front office. Of course Nicoletta, Jace, and Zach knew it was Delilah or Jessica, who else in the school was pregnant besides Nicoletta?

"I told you all that I know," Nicoletta says.

"Who are they going to call first?" Arabella asks. "Zach or you?"

Nicoletta shrugs her shoulders. "Jace will probably call me."

"Sure, sure, Zach will probably be the first to know about Delilah anyway." Arabella nods her head.

Nicoletta sips on her cocoa and sighs at the hot bursting flavors that threaten to scold her mouth. Arabella uses Hot Cocoa that is imported from Germany and France, which is what she uses at her Café. Nicoletta prefers the Germany cocoa better though and drinks it all throughout October and December. With it being the first of October she is officially aloud to drink it now since that is when Arabella sells it at her Café as well.

"I don't have a phone," Nicoletta remembers. "Who are they going to call then?"

"We have a land line you know," Arabella says.

"But do Delilah and Jace know it?"

"Delilah used to call on it all the time before you both got cell phones," Arabella reminds her.

"You think they will call then?" Nicoletta worries.

"I'm sure they will once they find something out." Arabella says and kisses both girls on the foreheads before leaving them alone to worry.

"I'm freaking out, I miss out on everything not being at school," Kassidi whines.

"Not much your missing out on," Nicoletta assures her.

"Still, Wyatt won't tell me anything that happens, not even about the homework."

"Really?"

"Really,"

"That's weird,"

"Not really," Kassidi starts. "I mean, we used to complain to each other about everything, from school to family."