Chapter 21 - Humairah

People like Sarah, Mubarak, and Faisal thought Ahmad was in love with me but they were so badly wrong. When Naziha disappeared from the house few weeks back I was always around Ahmad - making him feel safe, cracking jokes, telling him stories, watching films with him, dining outside with him and even going out to search for Naziha, but he never talked about love with me. He never tried to touch me, he never looked at me affectionately, he was always talking about Naziha and he never stopped until she literarily returned back.

Ahmad was so happy to see Naziha when she came back, he boldly hugged and kissed her in our presence. He didn't even ask her where she went to and why, he was so happy to see her back. Like seriously? My own Ahmad? The Ahmad I was always around him? Well, that was enough for me. Do you even know what? There was a time he told me he was the horny type and so he couldn't stay long without sex. I wanted telling him I was also a horny type too and could not stay a whole week without masturbating myself but then I changed my mind.

When Ahmad told me about his condition, I had wanted making myself available to him but then something told me not to and it was my conscience. So I dropped the evil idea and focused on making him feel like someone really cared. Yesterday, he went out early and I thought he would come back and take me home like he used to do but unfortunately he didn't. It was Faisal that volunteered. I didn't have a good sleep, I had rolled from one side of the bed to another with his thoughts lingering in my mind.

I loved Ahmad, I should have made myself available to him while I had the chance and maybe the child I would conceive for him would have united us both but I was too scared to do that. What if he dump me later like other men used to do after getting what they want? What if all he had for me was infatuation? What if he was only using me to bar his loneliness? What if Naziha would always be his? What if...? My mind wasn't at rest at all, I couldn't stop asking myself questions that I knew I had no answers to. I really loved Ahmad and I needed him!

Today, Sarah called me as early as possible and told me she had been trying Ahmad's number to tell him she wouldn't be able to make it to work due to her troublesome pregnancy that had been taking its toll on her but then his phone wasn't reachable. "Please as soon as you reach Oga (boss') house, endeavor to tell him everything" She had implored and I told her not to worry. Ahmad was the kind of boss that never reduce salary or scold just because you are sick or took a day off. He was very kind.

While waiting for Faisal to come and pick me up, I held my earpieces to my ears and began listening to "Right Now" by Seyi Shay. It wasn't cold today so I wasn't wearing my sweater. I was wearing the ankara I came to the city with. It was my best in the village but here, you know what to call it. Nothing in the village can be compared to that of the city, everything was perfect here. Water was always in your house, electricity was stable, storey buildings everywhere, fancy cars, medical facilities, etc!

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

When i close my eyes
And i think of the memory
Me and you, you and me
You used to looove me
And baby i will ride for you
Flow wine for you
I will touch my tippy toes
I will bounce it for you
Oh, ohhh... all the things you used to dooo!

I still remember back in December
Was the hotest winter
From the sunrise to midnight
The love dey enter
That is why I surrender
There is no contender
From the midnight to sunrise
The love dey enter!

Touch me now now
Right now now now now!
Do you remember the rhyme
Cus I remember the rhyme
I wanna feel it right now now now now!
Tou ou ou ch me me me now now now
Right now now now now!
Do you remember the rhyme
I wanna join in the ryhme
Me want me feel it right now now now now
Right now now now
Now now now now!