A Dollightful Halloween

The feeling of his fingertips materializing from thin air felt so surreal while surrounded by things he could actually touch. He could now see the young children that wandered through the forest from time to time, all laughing at the props now put into play. How exciting.

--x--

The crisp morning air had led him to believe that this was the day young human children would run along outside in the dark and risk their safety to get some cheap candy. Did these kids know that they could put their own lives into some predator's hands? Of course not, they just came for the sweets. How pathetic.

Ignoring the brutally ignorant thoughts he trudged farther into the thickening forest, listening to birds sing softly through the trees, and watching other wildlife scurry around the underbrush beneath him. It was peaceful, and the slowly chilling air allowed brown and reddish leaves to fall to the floor beneath him.

--x--

October 31, the day where kids naively wander the streets for some candy. He licked his lips. He could already taste the iron filled liquid in his mouth and somewhat drooled at it's memory. The spirit that "haunted" everyone. The children that now would no longer cry their wails of excitement, their pattering footsteps that would come to a halt, and the cheers that would forever haunt the souls of their caregivers. Vial, isn't it?

He could still smell the stench of iron that lingered in the air, just like that day so many years ago. The crimson liquid that painted the walls, the screams that were all cut short, and the dragged fingerprints on the walls painting vibrant reenactments of the horror that unfolded that day. No one bothered calling the police. After all, they were already dead.

Delicious, weren't they?

--x--

This "tradition" held every year on the night of Halloween. He couldn't remember how long he had done it. Three, four? He wouldn't know. All he knew was that it was such a divine day to drag young bodies into a cellar and let their flesh forever rot in the darkness of a cell, with their bodies never truly finding peace. Perhaps their souls never would too. It would make the deed more fulfilling, anyways.

He remembered the day he felt as if he had lost it all, knowing how memories would come and go, and how he would only have those left to savor. He was wrong though. He had created a doll to cope, one made the tears and worry that dripped down his cheeks as he sat next to a dim light of a computer. He sewed on bright blue button eyes, that reflected the moonlight; he sewed on the sweater was used to keep them warm, and he sewed on that everlasting smile that was easy to fall for.

That doll was the embodiment of the tears that were shed that day.

He poked his head inside of a house, with it's furniture collecting dust as the years went on. Boxes of decay laid miserably on the floor as the disgusting scent filled the room with an intoxicating smell. He could see the droplets that were shed the year before, and the year before that. They all were so violent, flicked into the walls like nothing. Dolls tossed around as if nothing had happened.

Right then and there he heard a simple chime.

"I wondered when you'd come~" a voice purred silkily.

The young man just stared at the hallway that lay in front of him. He could see the balls of dust swish around, as if a gust of wind had passed it.

"You know I'd come, you idiot," he responded, smiling gently.

Turning around, he stared at the empty wall behind him, watching a small puff of navy blue smoke spiral into the figure of a young, bright eyed male. The one with bright blue eyes that reflected the moonlight, the one who's sweater had been used to keep them warm, and the one who always showered him with everlasting smiles. He bowed.