Scene 2 - Detection

The Nekross ship! Hiding on the dark side of the moon, away from the Earth radar and defences. The King's throne – the guards situated around the control room, with Varg and Lexi working individually on the computer systems, on opposite sides of the throne room. The Nekross King, furious at his children, screams and shouts at them. They watch on the monitor, programming data and observing some star zooming towards the spaceship.

King:

WHAT IS HAPPENING MY CHILDREN!

Varg:

Something is approaching us at 700 million miles on a bearing of 202.

King:

IS IT GOING TO HIT US?

Lexi:

We're calculating now.

King:

HURRY IT UP LEXI! AT THE SPEED THAT THING IS COMING IN, IT WILL BLOW MY SHIP TO SMITHEREENS!

Lexi:

It is not coming towards us. Stand down on the missiles Varg.

Varg:

I never set them. You sister worry far too much.

Lexi:

And I assume you could tell whether that object was coming to hit us faster than the computer.

Varg:

I would have been able to find out faster if some female had not been messing around with the controls.

Lexi:

How dare you insult me Brother!

King:

SILENCE! MY REPUTATION IS AT STAKE HERE! AND THE LAST THING WE NEED IS YOU CHILDREN SQUABBLING AT A SIMPLE FLOATING OBJECT!

Lexi:

Yes Father. We are sorry.

Varg:

Yes. I am sorry too Lexi.

King:

THAT'S BETTER! WE HAVE BEEN DEFEATED TIME AND TIME AGAIN BY THOSE ACCURSED WIZARDS THOMAS CLARKE FROM MY ULTIMATE FEAST! IF WE DO NOT CLAIM VICTORY OVER THE HUMANS SOON THEN MY STATUS WILL BE SWALLOWED UP AS QUICKLY AS I SHALL ABSORB THE LIFE FORCE OF THE WIZARDS! AND YOUR INABILITY TO WORK TOGETHER FURTHER JEOPARDIZES MY POSITION!

Lexi:

We shall listen to you o mighty king. We shall work together willingly.

Varg:

And so shall I.

King:

GOOD. NOW, LEXI, IDENTIFY THE POSITION OF WHERE THE OBJECT SHALL LAND. AND VARG MY SON, IDENTIFY THE OBJECT ITSELF.

They scan over to their computers. The reaction of both of them is delightful.

Varg:

The object originates from the planet Goredemma... That wizard Rodkorr!

King:

RODKORR! THAT MEDDLING HALF WIT! WHO THOUGHT HE COULD SAVE HIS JUICY LITTLE RACE FROM THE MIGHT OF THE NEKROSS! AT LAST HE HAS RETURNED TO THROW HIMSELF TO US!

Lexi:

He is heading for Earth. In the vicinity of the United Kingdom. The same vicinity where Thomas Clarke lives at.

King:

EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! COME FORWARD MY CHILDREN!

They stand in front of the King.

IT SEEMS NOW THAT VICTORY IS IN OUR GRASP! RODKORR, THE LAST SURVIVING MAGICIAN IN THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE HAS FALLEN INTO OUR WEB! HE WILL LEAD US DIRECTLY TO THOMAS CLARKE AND HIS FOOLISH ASSOCIATES WHO OPPOSE THE GREAT KING OF NEKROSS.

Varg:

What are our instructions Father?

King:

LET ME FINISH SON! LET ME FINISH! AND THEN WE SHALL PREPARE OUR INVASION FLEET TO SWARM DOWN ONTO THE EARTH AND TAKE THEM BOTH TOGETHER! AND THEN THE NEKROSS SHALL FEAST! THE NEKROSS SHALL FEAST!

(Opening titles)