Scene 7 - The Plan

The Nekross Spaceship! It hovers just over the surface of the moon with the planet Earth in range, to Earth the ship is nothing more than the tiniest dot. Varg and Lexi stand before their King once more, to the mad and furious King! The two hold themselves shamefully at him, knowing their failure. More guards stand behind them, carrying their stocky guns in their hands. The King begins to roar, throwing himself around in the wall.

King:

WHAT IN ALL OF THE SEVEN SYSTEMS DO YOU MEAN! ALL OF THE GUARDS HAVE BEEN SWALLOWED UP BY THE EARTH?

Varg:

Well, not quite Father. The creatures of Goredemma have somehow grown into giants and the Wizards have protected themselves against them.

Lexi:

And the guards so it seems. None of the fifteen guards we teleported back down have returned. So we can assume that they have been...

King:

SILENCE! I AM NOT INTERESTED IN EXCUSES! I HAVE SWORN THAT THIS TIME I CLAIM VICTORY OVER WIZARDKIND, AND WILL SUCK THE LIFE FORCE OUT OF THEM ONCE AND FOR ALL! I SMELL THE SWEETNESS OF MAGIC OF THE EYE OF GOREDEMMA.

Lexi:

I smell it too. At first I thought it was Varg.

Varg:

(Sucking it up) The Eye has been charged.

Lexi:

Then they will be waiting for us to invade now they know it is ready.

Varg:

They will be expecting our attack then.

King:

THEN WHAT ARE YOU ALL WAITING FOR! TRANSMIT OUR ARMIES DOWN ONTO GOREDEMMA AND TAKE THEM BACK HERE TO FEAST ON THEIR MAGIC! AND THE EYE OF GOREDEMMA!

Varg:

Wait, Father this plan needs to be planned thoroughly. The slightest fault would jeopardize the entire operation.

King:

AND WHAT ARE YOU SUGGESTING MY SON?

Varg:

We cannot beam down another fifteen of our troops. They may almost be down on all their spells, but they could still devise a way of eluding our captive. If we could somehow trick them.

King:

HOW THEN?

Varg:

Ah... Well...

Lexi:

I could do it.

Varg:

What?

Lexi:

I would do it Father. I could pretend that I am a little girl who is lost on the planet via a disguise.

Varg:

That would never work sister! They would not believe in it. The Eye only works for those Rodkorr selects to connect with their minds.

Lexi:

Then I suppose you have a better idea then Varg?

Varg:

Your idea is foolish. And besides, you are only a mere female!

King:

ENOUGH! ENOUGH OF THIS BABBLING! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR RUDE TOUNGE TO YOUR SISTER VARG!

Varg:

Yes Father. I am sorry Lexi.

King:

I HAVE GROWN SICK OF THIS BICKERING OF YOU TWO! ANY MORE OF THIS AND I SHALL DISPOSE OF YOUR SERVICES FOR GOOD!

Lexi:

Very good Father. We shall not quarrel over these petty arguments.

Varg:

Neither will I.

They turn to each other, knowing they hate one another.

King:

VERY WELL. IN FACT, YOUR PLAN LEXI WOULD BE A BRILLIANT SCHEME TO LURE THEM INTO OUR CAPTIVE.

Lexi:

Don't worry Father, I swear upon my life that we shall capture the Wizards back to our ship with the Eye.

King:

I DO HOPE SO LEXI! I DO HOPE SO! FOR THE FEAST I HAVE WAITED AND THURSTED FOR AT LAST!