Scene 6 - Events dear boy

The forest of the Goredemma is now safe. No giant moles. No giant grubs. No traps. They continue to wander through the trees and the strange forest. Tom walking alongside Rodkorr, more talking. The fog has finished swirling. Now, we hear only the sound of whistling, almost silent wind.

Rodkorr:

I sense no more danger around these parts.

Tom:

Sure?

Rodkorr:

Positive. My mind is linked with the vibrations beneath us.

Tom:

Well, if there is anymore then we don't have to worry about.

Rodkorr:

There is nothing around for miles dear Tom.

Tom:

Last time didn't really work out.

Rodkorr:

Events dear boy, events! The Nekross are bound to make another attack, so we need to be ready.

Tom:

Didn't you say that they will only take the Eye only when it has been fully been charged?

Rodkorr:

Didn't stop them last time. But I expect so. If they had of taken us then, then they would have waited for it to be fully charged.

Tom:

How much longer left?

Rodkorr:

A few minutes now. Sit down my son. My ankle is playing up again.

They sit facing each other, aside opposite trees. Rodkorr then waves his stick again, another magical spell creating another forcefield for them.

All gone now. I'll have to wait another twenty four hours. At least we are protected again for another ten minutes.

Tom:

And then what? We'll just sit around here for the Eye to recharge and the Nekross will get us.

Rodkorr:

That's exactly it, boy. Well... Looks like we have to talk to each other again now.

Tom:

Yep.

Rodkorr:

How are your studies proceeding along then boy?

Tom:

My GCSEs? Why?

Rodkorr:

I wish you luck for tomorrow. When we defeat the Nekross, of course.

Tom:

Thanks. But right now I have more important things to worry about.

Rodkorr:

Like the Nekross?

Tom:

Yes. Defending the Earth against it. We can never be sure when they strike.

Rodkorr:

Ah! Defender of the Earth. You're not one of science are you?

Tom:

No. Sport and football is my type.

Rodkorr:

Good. I can hardly remember being sixteen my boy. So full of eagerness and enthusiasm. I had my whole life planned out at your age.

Tom:

Hmm. Yeah. Get my A Levels. Go to University. Get a job. Get married. Grow old.

Rodkorr:

Life is far more than universities, jobs, marriage and growing old my son.

Tom:

When you get old Rodkorr, do you start to fear death?

Rodkorr:

No my son. Eventually it begins to drag. Your bones stiffen. Your skin wrinkles and dries. Your regrets haunt you. Nothing to fear my boy.

Tom:

I hope so. Should be revising for my next exam.

Rodkorr:

'Ey? Biology? The symbol equation of photosynthesis then?

Tom:

(Laughing) Ah, come on.

Rodkorr:

Your system is far too convoluted for us dear boy. Your GCSEs you just need to pass, nothing more. You're a Levels are the important ones. Or so the system is worked out to be made.

Tom:

You know?

Rodkorr:

Of course I do. Your mind is connected with the Eye.

Tom:

Right. Rodkorr, what was life like here, on Goredemma.

Rodkorr:

Ah, before the Nekross came you mean? The world of Goredemma, the sky a bright red. The bright green grass that shone like diamonds in the gleaming sunlight. And the sky a mouthwatering rose pink. And the flowers and plants a beautiful, warming, relaxing, calming, arousing... Ah. But our planet can never go back now. Not after the Nekross. Still, the future lies forward.

Tom:

You could stay with us Rodkorr. You would help us fight against the Nekross if ever they do invade again.

Rodkorr:

Well, as long as your family are in perfect order with that then I would be delighted.

Tom:

What about you Rodkorr, you've got family?

Rodkorr:

No... I used to. But they're all gone. The Nekross wiped them out a long time ago. But I keep them with me. And I would hate for Goredemma and every other wizard they have absorbed to die in vain. Two years my boy. Two years for I have been hunting for the last hope.

The Eye begins flashing, glowing a magical yellow. It exerts some of its power around them in the field. Both entranced by the beautiful magic.

At last! Two long miserable years of waiting for nothing. At last! WE CAN FINALLY DEFEAT THE NEKROSS!

Tom:

Brilliant! It's amazing! So, what next?

The power settles down, as the Eye glows brighter.

Rodkorr:

Next? We will wait. For the Nekross. We shall wait for them to capture us. And then we shall destroy them once and for all!