Scene 5 - A Spell To Wake Him Up

It is the early hours of the morning. Only glimpses of rays. Tom's bedroom. The lights are on. The Eye rests over Tom's head. Michael and Ursula rush in, nervously for Tom. Ursula waves her stick and her magic over at Tom.

Ursula:

How long has he been like this?

Michael:

Probably hours. But it wasn't there at ten last night.

Ursula:

(Softly) Tom. Tom.

Michael:

Well, Ursula. What can we do?

Ursula:

Nothing. Nothing. He will only be awoken when his task inside is complete. Moon and I always thought this to be a legend written in the oldest and deepest scrolls.

Michael:

And if he isn't awake soon then he will miss his exam.

Ursula:

He can retake his exam at the end of the following month if needs be. And it is only biology.

Michael:

What can we do to him?

Ursula:

Just keep him as comfortable as possible until he comes out of it. Whenever that will be.

Michael:

Whenever that will be?

Ursula:

Michael, even Moon has hardly any understanding of the Eye of Goredemma. We only know the legend of it. We think.

Michael:

And that is?

Ursula:

Oh dear. Moon is trying to find out what it is right now. You know I never really heard of it ever since childhood.

Michael:

Ursula, what is it?

She takes a big sigh first.

Ursula:

The Eye originates off the planet Goredemmma. The planet another place where magic exists. Or rather it did. But it appears the Nekross invaded. The Eye was designed to be used as a weapon against hostile influences against Wizard Kind, including the Nekross.

Michael:

And so we can use that to destroy the Nekross.

Ursula:

Quite. But it is a whole dimension inside the Eye. Or rather Goredemma.

Michael:

And Tom is inside the Eye?

Ursula:

Correct.

Michael:

But we can use a spell to wake him up.

Ursula:

No. Nothing can wake him up from the Eye. Must have flown through the window. No we can't get him out. But we have no idea what Tom is facing off in there.