Scene 8 - The field has almost worn off

The Eye still grows as brightly as it did. The field around Tom and Rodkorr is beginning to wear off now, they begin to rise and keep standing in the same vicinity.

Rodkorr:

Right then my son, the field has almost worn off. Without this, we will be left as prey for the other life forms on Goredemma.

Tom:

You can sense it this time?

Rodkorr:

Of course I can.

Tom:

Sure?

Rodkorr:

Absolutely positive. You still have that one life left don't you Tom? When we are captured aboard their ship, we can surround ourselves around with it, creating a shield for ourselves. We then explode the Eye and then you shall return to the morning of the day of your first GCSE exam.

Tom:

And you are sure that you will be returned into the Eye where you will get yourself out of there somehow and meet me back at my place.

Rodkorr:

Naturally. Whenever that will be I imagine.

Tom:

Well let's hope when we are captured by the Nekross, that will happen. What will probably happen is that we are restrained first so might be a problem.

Rodkorr:

Tom, there is something around. I can feel it in my bones.

Tom:

Your bones? Nekross? Or one of the creatures?

Rodkorr:

No. A human. A human female. A young, small human female. She approaches.

Tom:

Is she dangerous?

Rodkorr:

No. She is hurt. She is here.

A small little girl, wearing hardly much, most of her clothes ripped or torn, and her hair muffled. The girl's sweet little voice, weak and squeaky. Deep scars, wounds and burns that require immediate medical attention. She approaches from Tom's side, in the rapidly gaining smoke. As the little girl comes, she coughs a little, and Tom bends down to her curiously.

Girl:

Excuse me. I, I don't know where I am.

Tom:

Hello? Who are you?

Girl:

Can you help me find my parents? I was lost. Lost in the forest. We were separated. And... And...

Tom:

Ssshhh. It's ok. We've got you here. My name is Tom Clarke and this here is Rodkorr. Let me check your scars over.

Girl:

Thank you.

Rodkorr:

How did you get here girl? I control the Eye, how on earth could you possibly get in? Tom, she could...

Tom:

No! She couldn't be. The Nekross couldn't possibly enter here, could they?

Rodkorr:

But it is only I who select those to enter the Eye.

Tom:

Your scars, what happened to them?

Girl:

I fell. I fell through all those bushes, and...

Tom:

It's ok. I can heal them for you.

Rodkorr:

Thomas, no! We need it for the ship!

Tom:

Rodkorr, look at her! She will die if her wounds aren't treated soon. Look, I am going make your wounds all better. Just stay still, and let the magic do its work. Rasshag chha!

Tom blows away his final life. The magic blowing around him floats onto the little girl's wounds. They are soon healed, with the tissue regenerating her scars, building up before eventually they have all quickly healed. She smiles and looks over her body to see all the cuts and scars have literally magically restored them.

Girl:

Thank you! Thank you so much! You don't know who much it means to me!

She jumps at Tom hugging him, Tom takes back at it.

Rodkorr:

(Quietly) Stupid boy. Now we can't fight the Nekross off safely now.

Tom:

I heard that Rodkorr! Now we'll just have to chance the Nekross!

Girl:

Thank you so much for the magic! For the magic we will feast on!

She pulls a Nekross gun at Tom's head. Her voice changed. Lexi! Her true form flashes out as she stands up with Tom as she points the gun at both of them. The two are horrified at the discovery.

Rodkorr:

NO!

Tom:

LEXI!

Lexi:

Thank you Thomas Clarke! Thank you for the magic the Nekross shall feast on!

Massive flashes of light spark, more Nekross guards standing armed and ready to kill!

Rodkorr:

I told you not to trust her!

Lexi:

The human has one weakness that we can exploit successfully – compassion!

A guard jump behind Rodkorr, snatching the Eye away from him and bringing it towards Lexi.

Rodkorr:

NO! The Eye! The Eye!

Lexi:

Excellent! The King has waited long for this feast!

All in massive blue lights, they are transported – back to the Nekross ship.