Chapter 3 "A shadow once called human"

The day after

The day after...that trial, Shinko's death, and Furopujo's madness...

It's crazy to think that something like this would ever happen in real life...

My body shook in fright remembering Furopujo's actions and that total maddening demeanor. How can a human be so flawed with their thought?

As my stomach grumbled in hunger I went out of my room. I went out and looked at the doors, Fumugo and Kiyomi... I doubt Kiyomi will ever be the same after Fumugo lashed out at her... Wrongfully, but at the time he thought she was the culprit...

I went out of the dormitory to find Nisei slumped at a wall.

"Good morning Nisei, why do you look so troubled... Aside from yesterday's trial."

Nisei crossed her arms in worry: "It's Kiyomi, she won't come out... As much as I try, the only thing I got out of her was 'Go away'..."

She sighed and grabbed hold of her arm: "It's honestly very concerning, I can't imagine what she is thinking... I hope she will be fine..."

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything will turn out fine..."

Nisei sighed with pessimism: "After two murders and executions, what am I to expect?"

I looked away, she was right. There are only 12 of us left, it doesn't sound like a small number, but it truly shows when you see us in a group...

Nisei looked shocked as she waved her hands in front of herself: "Oh, s-s-sorry! I'm being such a pessimist right now!"

"No you're right, murder is bound to happen sooner or later..."

Nisei's mask clearly shown an emotion of awkwardness: "Ugh, clearly my words weren't meant for morning or any time of the day..."

Nisei smiled: "Since Kiyomi is closed off, for now, Chishiki offered to make buns for breakfast."

"She can cook?"

Nisei hummed: "Well, as a mythologist she must know some recipes in her knowledge tree."

I nodded and smiled a little, and began to walk off. As I went to the cafeteria I saw Fowada and Shinji, as I approached I saw Fowada exclaim: "Don't you smell the fragrance in the air? It smells like making love to my sinuses~"

Shinji put her hands behind her back and tried to step in the aroma: "Indeed, it smells like the embrace of Vemos~~~"

And just for a moment, Shinji's aura turned dark: "But impure thoughts do not please the Lord, your connection with him farthest away!"

Fowada swayed swinging her arms: "I would gladly trade my innocents with some time with the Lord~"

Shinji laughed: "My, my, your defiance with the Lord displeases me greatly Fowada..."