Can We Talk?

Rose and Steven decided to go inside the Gem Temple, specifically where Rose's room was. "Definitely been here before," said Steven as he looked at all the pink clouds inside Rose's room. "Oh, you have?" Rose jokingly asked, smiling. Steven chuckled, nodded. "I could will up a couch if you want," offered Rose. "Sure, that would be nice," said Steven. A pink couch then poofed into existence. Steven and Rose then sat on the couch. Rose gave a look of curiosity and asked, "I'm just curious Steven, how do you have my gem?"

"Well, I'm a new type of Gem," explained Steven, "I understand that Gems are unable to procreate unlike humans. I'm a human/Gem hybrid. Check this out." He then made his shield appear. Rose nodded and said, "amazing... I've seen other hybrids of other animals, but never a human/Gem hybrid before." Steven made his shield disappear, sighed, and said, "how I was conceived was rather sad... My mom... In order for me to exist and live, she had to give up her physical form." He looked down, shedding a tear. Rose looked at him sadly, and kindly put her arm around his shoulder in a loving manner. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that Steven," said Rose, "it must have been hard for you and everyone else."

"It was," admitted Steven, "the Rose Quartz of my world left a big legacy that I had to live up to... I'd never bring Mom up to the others because I always thought... That they blamed me for her being gone..." He tried his best not to cry. Rose looked at him and calmly said, "listen to me Steven... Nobody accomplishes anything by blaming others for things that are beyond their control. I'm sure your mother wanted you to live because she loved you." Steven smiled and said, "believe me, I learned to let go of the guilt I felt, and even though I wasn't a fan of Mother's Day, I learned to change into a hero." Rose laughed and said, "I can understand why you're not a fan of Mother's Day. Having to grow up without your mother. But I can tell it helped you build character." 

"It did," said Steven, "every battle against your enemies helped me learn." Rose tilted her head and asked, "who did you face?" Steven thought a second, then said, "let's see... Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, Spinel... I could say more, but we'd be here all day. But yeah, I fought a lot of villains that had beef with you." Rose laughed and said, "I bet. How much do you know about the other me?" Steven looked at her and said, "I know who Rose Quartz really was, I mean, is." Rose nodded, and then transformed into her other form as Pink Diamond. Steven was amazed by the sight. "How did you find out I was Pink Diamond?" she asked, looking at Steven. "The Pearl of my world told me," confirmed Steven, "she wanted to tell me for a long time... I know everything, Mom... Do your Crystal Gems know you faked your shattering?" 

"They do," replied Pink Diamond, "I told them two years ago. When my Spinel attacked, I owned up to my actions... But tell me Steven... After everything you've learned about Rose, do you hate me?" She covered her eyes and cried. Steven looked at her and said, "Mom... Please look at me..." Pink Diamond looked at Steven, tears in her eyes. "The past is just the past, " said Steven as he comforted her, "what matters is who you are now. I want you to know, I'm okay with you being Rose Quartz, I'm not angry. I don't hate you at all. I forgive you, for everything... I'm just glad you're my mom." Pink Diamond smiled and hugged Steven. The young man tearfully smiled, happy to be held by his own mother. "I never would have wanted you to deal with my problems," said Pink Diamond, "but you met them head-on anyway... My son, Steven Universe... Savior of gem and humankind... I'm so proud of you, and I love you so much." Steven hugged back and said, "I love you too Mom. Happy Mother's Day."