Epilogue

Steven and Rose (having turned back into her Rose Quartz form) decided to spend some time together like a mother and son would. Steven even took a picture of himself with Rose on his phone. Kind of a souvenir. After about a few hours, Steven said, "well Mom, it's been a lot of fun. But I got to meet up with Dad since he and I are going to go to a brunch with my girlfriend and her parents."

"The Gems and I never really understood brunch," said Rose, "what is that again?" Steven chuckled and said, "it's basically a cross between breakfast and lunch. You have food that you would normally have for breakfast and at lunch, usually at a time between 10 and 12 I think. It's pretty weird I know." Rose chuckled and said, "Well I certainly wouldn't want you to miss your brunch." Steven and Rose then got out of her room, and met up with Dr Woof, who was playing with Amethyst and Lion. "Hey Doc, I'm ready to go," said Steven. "Very well then," said Dr. Woof, "I'll get the TARDIS ready." As Dr. Woof got ready to summon the TARDIS, Steven looked at Rose and said, "it was great getting to spend time with you Mom."

"It was great getting to spend time with you too Steven," agreed Rose. The two hugged each other. "I love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day," said Steven. "I love you too son," replied Rose as she kissed Steven on the forehead. The TARDIS showed up, and as Steven & Dr. Woof walked in, Steven looked at his mother one last time, waving goodbye to her. Rose smiled and waved back. Steven closed the TARDIS, and the spaceship disappeared. "Setting the coordinates to one minute after ye left the house," said Dr. Woof as he pressed the buttons. "You weren't kidding when you said what would be seconds for the Gems would be longer for me," said Steven. "I knew ye didn't want ta be late for that brunch," said Dr. Woof. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity Doc," said Steven as he scratched The Canine Doctor's ears. "Twas no problem at all," said Dr. Woof as he nuzzled his head onto Steven's stomach. He then sneezed. Steven laughed.

Pretty soon, the TARDIS reappeared inside Steven's home. Amethyst looked at the time and said, "Wow, that didn't take too long." Steven then got out of the TARDIS and waved at Dr. Woof. "Thanks again for letting me meet Mom, Doctor Woof." Steven said happily. "Aye, no problem lad," said Dr. Woof, "and remember Steven; if every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." Steven waved goodbye as Dr. Woof closed the TARDIS, and it disappeared from the living room. "I suppose your meeting with the other Rose went well?" Pearl asked as she saw a mellow smile on Steven's face. "Yeah, it did," replied Steven as he smiled at Pearl. He then hugged her, and brought Amethyst and Garnet into a group hug. "Happy Mother's Day guys," said Steven. "Happy Mother's Day to you too Steven," replied Garnet.

Much later, at 10 a.m., Steven drove to pick up his dad, Greg. "Hey schtuball," said Greg, "you ready for brunch?" Steven nodded and said, "oh yeah, definitely. I told Connie we're on our way." Greg got in the passenger's seat. He noticed Steven had a calm and content smile. Almost like someone that came out of a tear-jerking drama movie with a bittersweet ending. "Well that's good. You feeling alright Steven?" Greg asked. "I feel a lot better now Dad," said Steven as he smiled at his dad. Greg could sense a feeling of closure on Steven's face, and he knew he didn't have to worry. Greg knew Steven usually wasn't happy on this particular weekend, so to see his son happy relieved Greg. Steven then parked all the way to the restaurant, and saw Connie and her parents outside. "Happy Mother's Day Steven," said Greg. Steven smiled and softly said, "Happy Mother's Day to you too, Dad."

The End.