Chapter Twenty

{If you vote for this chapter, I'll give ya a cookie! c;}

Kayden's POV:

"No," I hear a voice say, pulling me from my dreams. "Hell no. Away, now. You'll wake Kayd, plus I will kick your ass."

"Aw, come on! He's not even awake and he won't feel it! Let me kiss him," Another voice whines. "Just one kiss!"

My eyes slowly flutter open, and I see Sam standing next to my bed, arms crossed. I try to move, but realize I have something holding me down.

Or someone.

"Ugh, this is just like the first time I met you," I grumble sleepily and weakly push West off of me. "Get off, you fat ass."

West whines and smacks my head. "Best friends do not call each other "fat asses"!"

"Eh, fat ass, don't eat my Toaster Strudels!" My fiancé cries, tackling Darren to the ground and prying his favorite breakfast from his hands. "My food, not yours. Eat Kayden's disgusting Cheerios."

The two continue to bicker as I try to push West off. "West, I'm dangerously close to punching you in the dick," My hand hovers around his no-no square, ready to punch him there.

"How about you grab it there, instead?" West winks.

"No," I growl.

"Please? I won't tell your stupid, sexy fiancé!" My best friend pouts. West hasn't tried to hit on me in a week... I wonder if he is getting over Darren already...

"What about Darren?" I ask innocently, hoping for a hilarious reaction. "You don't like him anymore?" I snicker as a bright red blush spreads across West's face.

Both of our eyes snap to Darren, who has stopped fighting with Sam and is now listening to us. West smiles at him weakly while discretely punching me in the leg.

"Hey!" I cry and rub at my now bruising leg. "Don't try to hit on me while my soon-to-be husband is in the room and I won't say things!"

"Yeah don't hit on- Wait, you hit on Kayden?" Sam scowls at my best friend while taking a bite of the Toaster Strudel. "If I wasn't eating I would kick your balls so hard they flew out of your mouth."

The two continue to bicker, but I watch Darren, his eyes trained on West. There is something, some kind of emotion in them, one I can't distinguish. But there is something other than hate and it worries me, for West's sake.

Note to self: Don't leave West and Darren alone.

"Kayden!"

Yelping, I tumble off my bed, just to land on the other bed in the room. It still hurt, nonetheless. "What, West?" I hiss.

"I said, you're mom is calling for us to eat," The purpled hair boy raises an eyebrow. "What's got your panties in a knot?"

Darren scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Out of the two of you, Kayden is not the one who would be wearing girl underwear," He grumbles and pushes himself to his feet. "I'm going to eat, since Sam took my food."

"You stole it from the table first, jackass!" Sam calls as he scurries after his best friend.

I turn to West, who is staring at the doorway with a look of longing. I can tell how much he likes Darren just by the look in his eyes.

"West," I say with a sigh. "You gotta get over Darren, bud. He's straight and dating a girl. Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt he's ever gonna date you."

My purple haired bestie gives me a small smile and tells me "I don't know, Kayd. I like him so much I'll wait 'till he comes to his senses. Some day, even if it's not for a real long time, we will be together."