Year 8: Dog of Hollywood

A sequel to the previous story. Because my mind thought that dog prostitution and a feminist dog revolution was a reasonable and logical thing.

xXx

"Nova, I'm so scared!" Julie wailed

"Nova, I'm so scared!" Julie wailed. The sisters cowered in their human's kitchen. "You know what happened to Tiny Tina," she went on. "The city bosses got her. They got her, Nova. And we're next!" Nova smiled weakly. "We'll be fine," she said uncertainly. "Oh, but we won't!" Julie cried. Nova hissed in annoyance. "Be quiet," she ordered. "Otherwise the city bosses will find us." Julie nosed an empty kibble bag. "They've been stealing from us," she whispered. "They're baiting us, Nova. They're baiting us, just like they did with Tiny Tina. Once we run out of food, they know we'll wander out in search for more." Nova swallowed a lump in her throat. "We've got plenty of kibble left," she started feebly. "Only to last us a few more weeks," Julie sobbed quietly. "We're going to need a miracle to get us out of his one Nova." Nova curled up against her sister. "I know," she whispered.

xXx

"Wanderer, Wanderer, Wanderer," Sasha kept repeating aloud. "Where is this Wanderer?" A ginger tom cat passing by bushed out his fur at her and Sasha scowled back. She strolled through the city paths, hating the gravelly feeling under her paws. "Excuse me," someone said timidly. Sasha turned around. It was a small kitten. Sasha blinked kindly. "Hello," she said gently. The kitten shrunk back a little. "I'm not going to hurt you," Sasha promised. "I heard you calling the Wanderer," she said quietly. "I know where she is." Sasha felt a stab of hope. "Do you?" She asked. "If you really do, can you please show me the way?" The kitten nodded shyly. "So what's your name?" Sasha asked, hoping to starts some small talk. "I'm Angel," she said. Her voice was barely a whisper. "The Wanderer found me and looked after me." Sasha blinked in surprise. "So she means something special to you, huh?" Sasha chuckled. Angel nodded. "Yes," she confirmed. "Now tell me your name." Sasha smiled. "My name is Sasha," she said. "It's funny how a dog is looking after a kitten." Angel halted abruptly. Sasha cocked her head to one side. "What's wrong?" She asked. Angel stared at Sasha, her eyes wide pools of curiosity. "Wanderer isn't a dog," she said. "Wanderer is a cat." Sasha blinked in surprise. "Oh," was all she could say. "She lives just around this corner, here," Angel said. They turned the corner and Sasha saw a she cat with a lavender pelt curled up next to some silver cans. "Wanderer, I'm back!" Angel squeaked, dashing up to her. "And I brought a friend too." The she cat lifted her head. 'She has a deceptively youthful face,' Sasha thought. 'But mother called her an old crone. Maybe she was wrong? Maybe this Wanderer is really that young?' The cat flattened her ears. "A friend, you say?" She mumbled. "There is only a slight difference between 'friend' and 'fiend', dear." Sasha was confused. "I'm a friend," she babbled. "I'm definitely a friend. Or, um, I could have, uh, eaten Angel?" Sasha kicked herself inwardly. "I'm sorry for rambling," she started hastily. Wanderer raised her tail for silence. "It is all right," she said soothingly. "I believe you. I can sense that you are good at heart." Sasha stared at the she cat. 'Weirdo,' Sasha thought. "My wandering days are over," Wanderer said suddenly. She stretched out one of her hind legs. It was splayed at an awkward angle. "Go look somewhere else, kid." Sasha felt her heart sink. "Please," she begged. "I really need you to take me somewhere." Wanderer stared back at her emotionlessly. "So do a lot of folks around here," she said simply. Her eyes flashed. "But I can see that you are very desperate. I can help you, but I cannot lead you there." Sasha clawed the gravelly ground impatiently. "Then how do I get there?" She demanded. "Patience," Wanderer growled. "I can take you to her. The only thing I fear is that she is too young and impulsive to be a guide. But it is worth a try. Angel, come with us." Angel shuddered. "Don't tell me we're going to see, her?" Wanderer stared her down sternly. "Don't be rude about Hedgewitch, Angel," she scolded gently. Angel flattened her ears. "Okay," she muttered. Wanderer turned back to Sasha. "I can take you to her," she repeated. "Come with me. You come too, Angel." Silently, Sasha followed the Wanderer through the streets, putting her hind paws in the prints of her front paws.