The Secret Society Part 1

In the darkness of the night, many things can happen; robbery, assault, break-in. Well, all three of those things just happened, not in any specific order. Within a specific facility, one known to hold brand new technology in the form of a microprocessor, several guards were knocked out by a sort of shadow. The shadow receded to a known criminal, Shade.

"Tie them up," ordered Shade as he lowered his cane, the main source of his shadows. A sort of nanotech. "Make sure everything's secure."

Shade and several henchmen who he hired to help him break in split up to do their job, Shade heading for the vault for the tech he was after and his men to secure the knocked out guards and patrol the area for any other guards that might be around.

Heading through a set of sliding steel doors, Shade and three henchmen entered a large laboratory containing dozens of different pieces of equipment. Two henchmen split off left and right while the third headed straight ahead with Shade.

Unknown to the criminals, there was one guard who managed to hide in the room and was watching them from a raised platform. In his hand was a phone and he soon began dialing for some form of help. This help was a group that had a knack for taking down bad guys.

In the night sky above Central City, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter flew on patrol. That was until Lantern received a message from his communicator. He was quickly told the message and the situation, after a moment he had the full story.

"A guard over at Prime Tech is reporting a robbery in progress," informed Lantern to J'onn. "Sounds like a friend of ours is back in business."

"Shade." said J'onn as he somehow knew who it was.

"How'd you...," began Lantern, then he quickly remembered something about the Martian, "I keep forgetting."

"You're not the only one." said a voice into their comms. On the ground was Sean as he drove his charger to the Tech innovator. "I'll meet you at Prime, just give me a minute or so." The Dodge's engine roared as it sped down the streets of Central City, heading to the same address as Green Lantern and J'onn. The vehicle and driver made it to the tech company in record time seeing J'onn and Green Lantern land just outside the building. Sean stepped out of the car and ran over to his teammates.

"So how do we plan on getting?" asked Sean as he looked up at the building. J'onn's solution was to go intangible and phase through the wall. Sean looked at Lantern for a moment before creating a portal and stepping through, Lantern following behind.

Inside the building, one henchman was guarding a hallway, walking passed a corridor. Behind him, phasing through the wall, J'onn appeared and began to walk to the criminal. The criminal turned around to see J'onn and shot at him using the submachine gun in his hand. The bullets did little, actually did no harm at all to the martian as he was still intangible.

J'onn continued to walk towards him till the firearm ran out of ammo. "Finished?" asked J'onn rhetorically as he slapped the weapon out of the criminals hand then proceeded to land a brutal right to his head. Behind came another henchman, hoping to catch J'onn by surprise. A second later, and chain shot out and wrapped around the man's right hand and with a quick snapped, the chain made him slam the butt of the weapon into his temple, knocking him out. J'onn turned around to see who was responsible.

Lantern and Sean came walking in, Sean sliding his chain back up his sleeve. That's when the final two henchmen came running into the hallway, both submachine guns firing at them. Green Lantern created a shield to protect them from the barrage of bullets. From the center of the shield, a green beam shot out, creating an energy wall that slammed into the criminals, knocking them both to the ground and out.