Chapter 29: Mech Battle

By the time the two returned to the dormitory it was already half past eleven. Lin Yuan had worked up a sweat from his training, so he went back to his bedroom to take a bath, blow dry his hair, and toss his clothes into the washing machine, then he reclined on his bed.

The excitement from the training still hadn’t worn off, so Lin Yuan didn’t feel even the slightest bit sleepy.

Lin Yuan picked up the helmet by his bedside, and logged into the holographic network system for the first time since entering school.

Today’s network systems were divided into the holographic network and the graphic network. The holographic network could be used to experience a variety of entertainments, shopping, games, hanging out with friends, and the graphic network was commonly used for information retrieval and document look up, after all, when looking for information, people were still more used to searching with keywords, rather than browsing through a book store on the holographic network.

Lin Yuan put on the helmet and made himself relax, soon, he was logged into the Empire’s holographic network.

Like he had just told Caesar, his username on the holographic network was “Ball”, he’d registered when he was ten years old, and his character model was a small round snowball.

A child’s aesthetic….. Lin Yuan refused to comment on it.

The character models on the virtual network were freely chosen by the users, therefore, when walking through the holographic network streets, it was normal to see all kinds of vigorous animals, plants, handsome men and beautiful women….. even dinosaurs.

This was a virtual and unique world.

Of course, in order to keep things child friendly, the models of these terrifying beasts were replaced by chibi versions.

Little snowball Lin Yuan and his former classmates usually hung around A1 Street in the shopping district.

A1 Street was the dedicated street for the mech market, various models of mecha were sold, but of course, B-Class mechs and above were government controlled, so only C, D and E level mechs could be sold directly.

Lin Yuan walked into a large mech shop, unable to stop salivating at the sight of the variously colored mech on display.

This shop sold the largest and most comprehensive amount of mech, it ranked first on the mech shop reputation charts year round, and the customer service was particularly good. Their monthly stock of mech were rumored to be replenished directly from a mech factory in Cepheus, where they have first-hand access to the goods. The latest and most comprehensive range of mech guaranteed a steady stream of customers to the store.

When Lin Yuan was back home, he’d often visit the store to window shop.

As soon as he entered the store, he stared at the red mech positioned on the grand exhibition stage. He’d been a fan of this mech for a long time, this red humanoid mech was this year’s latest model, the design was very beautiful, the fresh metal reflecting the room’s lighting, dazzling.

Lin Yuan walked up to the counter and politely asked: “Boss, how much is this mech?”

The boss smiled: “This is this year’s new Syrex C3 model, if you want, I can give you a discount, 450,000 crystal coins.”