Chapter 30: Mech Upgrade

The next day, instructor Knox led the 50 students to the school’s shooting gallery for shooting practice. As a soldier, one’s shooting skill must meet the standard, in order to be able to control mechs at an even higher level later.

Knox stood in front of the row of students and said with a solemn expression: “The next three days will be dedicated to shooting training. Today is the first stage, each person must fire ten times in a row, and all ten shots must hit the target at a score of 8.5 or higher to pass. Students who pass can go back and rest early, the students who fail must remain here and practice until they pass!”

Lin Yuan used to play a lot of shooting games online, taking hold of a light and slim particle gun in person for the first time, he couldn’t wait to try it out. Under instructor Knox’s orders, Lin Yuan immediately raised the particle gun and started shooting at the target.

8.9, 8.6, 8.8, 8.0…

Darn, less than 8.5, the score recalculated.

Lin Yuan took a deep breath, adjusted his aim and started a new round of shooting.

8.6, 8.5, 8.3…

Reset.

Fortunately, this kind of practice particle gun didn’t need ammunition, instead using energy to control a particle beam. An energy box could shoot about 1000 rounds of particle beams, which was enough for a student’s morning practice.

Lin Yuan was concentrating on firing at the target when he suddenly heard instructor Knox call out, “Caesar, you may leave early!”

Everyone: “…”

The group simultaneously turned to look in Caesar’s direction, staring up at the scoreboard above his head, which was displaying the results of his ten shots – 9.7, 9.6, 9.8, 9.6, 9.8, 9.6, 9.7, 9.6, 9.8, 9.9.

Not only did Lin Yuan gawk at the board, even the other students were astonished!

This level, isn’t it comparable to a professional shooter’s?

All ten shots scored above 9.5. Even more outrageous, the last shot actually hit a high score of 9.9! Please understand, the longer you continuously shoot, the greater the psychological pressure will increase, especially for the last shot, it’s easy to make mistakes because of nervousness.

But not only was Caesar unaffected, he calmly fired the last shot, getting a high score of 9.9…

Lin Yuan stared at his roommate in admiration, coincidentally catching Caesar’s line of sight.

Lin Yuan couldn’t help but smile and send him a thumbs up.

Caesar put down the pistol and took off his earmuffs, then he walked to Lin Yuan’s side and whispered, “How are you doing?”

Lin Yuan replied: “I’m not very stable, I’ll have to keep on training.”

Caesar glanced up at the scoreboard, then stepped behind Lin Yuan to hold his arms and gently lift them up, adjusting his posture. Then he spoke softly into his ear: “Don’t be tense. Close your eyes and take a deep breath to calm yourself down. Don’t look up at the scoreboard midway through, just earnestly rely on your judgment and instincts for each shot.”