Ch. 3

As I get out of bed I heard a scream from outside. I turn to look out my window. I see a girl all dressed in black and white. She has red hair and looks up at me. She just stares at my window, although she can't see me. About two minutes later another girl walks up to her and pulls her away. I turn back around and head downstairs. I grab a pop tart and tell my mom that I am heading out. She yells ok and I walk out the door. I start towards Trisha's house but then I see that girl again. She is on the side of the road staring at me. I wave and carry on. I hear footsteps behind me so I speed up a bit. I turn around and the girl crashes into me. She dropped a book and as I bent down to pick it up I saw a word on it. "Maxi" it said on the cover. I looked at her then looked back down but I could still see her out of the corner of my eye. She had this guilty expression on her face. I picked the book up and handed it to her. "Why does your book have the name Maxi on it?" I asked. "No reason. Who's Maxi? Oh I never noticed that name. " she replied suspiciously. "Maxi is my best friend. Do you know him?" She looked down and shook her head. "Then why do you have a book with his name on it?" She looked away and mumbled something. "I liiibbbbbb mmmimm..." She mumbled. "What? I'm sorry. I didn't hear you." "I LIKE HIM!" She yelled. "oh.." I whispered. We just stood there in silence until she said, "Hi. My name is Birdie. I like Maxi and I kinda follow him. Please don't think I'm crazy. I am just really shy." She looks down and I see a tear drop splat on the sidewalk. "My name is Lin. Nice to meet you." I put out my hand. She looked up and I smiled at her. She just kept staring at me in shock. "Alright." I said as I put my hand down. "Guess your not much of a shaker." I smiled at her. She finally got out of shock and smiled back. "I know who you are. Your Maxi's crush." "What?!" I said. "No, no! We are just best friends. I would never like him as more then just my big bro. We grew up together and I won't forget that but no it wouldn't turn out like that." She stared at me. Her eyes felt like they were burning my soul. "But I read a paper he wrote about you saying what a wonderful and beautiful person you are and how he couldn't live without you. Yhata yhata yhata.." He wouldn't have said that would he have? Did he really mean all that? I thought. "Well he probably just wanted to get a good grade. And he did tell me that he was writing a paper about me for English. He said it was a paper about a good friend. " I replied confidently. "Hey, you wanna come with me to Trisha's house?" I asked politely. "Sure. " She said with a huge Cheshire Cat grin on her face as we started walking down the street.