The Dead Painter's Lover

A little heads up: I kinda cried at the thought of making this story when I saw a fanart of Ranpoe it was vert cute, but yet very sad so! With a farther a do here is the story that came into mind.

Once upon a time, there was a painter named Ranpo and he lived with his husband Poe who was a famous writer around the town. The two were not poor nor rich, but one day Poe had to go away for a business trip and each time he did leave Ranpo would paint his lover, people thought it was a sweet thing to do...But Ranpo had a reason on why....He was scared that Poe was going to die while he was away. After, 4 weeks of Poe being gone Ranpo had nightmares about all the many ways Poe could die then in the morning Ranpo had gotten some bad news. As Ranpo heard a knock on his door, he rushed to it hoping it was his love Poe, but it was just one of Poe's friends Atsushi...Atsushi had told Ranpo the story on what happened.

Atsushi spoke while holding back his tears: I know how Poe meant so much to you  Ranpo-san, but...but...but he...we couldn't save him fast enough. The horse got out of control and Poe tried to calm them down, but the horses crushed him to death...Atsushi goes on about the accident

Ranpo couldn't believe on what he was hearing, it made his sick to his stomach and his knees weak. He couldn't bare/bear this much pain after missing him so much, they had planned so many things heck they were even going to get married one day but, it is too late for that. Ranpo even had the rings secretly made, for them both and he was going to surpise Poe with the rings.
     As Atsushi finished he told Ranpo when the funeral was and he was welcome to visit Poe in the hostpial once he felt more calm after hearing the news. Later on in the day, Dazai and Kunkida had stayed with Ranpo to make sure he was taking care of himself right. Ranpo was grateful for the two and he looked up to them as a mother and father. Ranpo asked the two if he could move in with them both in their Cottage, and they both said yes.

Months Later

After finally moving in with Kunikida and Dazai, Ranpo had felt better and he kept on painting and painting. But he was very sad on the inside so one night he painted his lover once again after all these months, as he was painting memories flashed in Ranpo's head as he felt a warm hug over his body then a whisper came out "I am sorry my love, I am sorry that I have left you alone to be a widow..." Ranpo knew this voice it was Poe'sm. As Ranpo painted more and more, tears flowed from his eyes as he smiled...It was a smile of sorrow but happiness.

The next day the funeral was held, Ranpo wasn't sad one bit. He knew Poe was by his side even in death, he couldn't help but smile. The other's were glad to not see Ranpo suffer anymore because they know Poe would never leave Ranpo's side. So once the funeral was over Ranpo place the ring on Poe's hand and he put his ring on his hand, as he kissed Poe's dead cold lips while smiling softly..."Thank you Poe for making me the happiest man in the world, and don't be sorry my love it was my fault for not telling you about the dreams I have been having."

"The end"

Ranpo finished the story to the little one in bed...His name was Edger Edogawa he was the son of Ranpo and Poe, Ranpo was happy to be a father as he dead wife was smiling from heaven down at the two. Poe wished he was still alive, but this was the fate for him and he accepted it. Edger grew up to be like his mother a writer so he finished all of Poe's stories as Ranpo still painted for money. They still lived with Kunikida and Dazai who were very happy to see Ranpo with his son. Now years have passed and passed by Dazai and Kunikida has passed away due to age. Ranpo was 40 now in bed rest because of a terrible illness so Edger took care of him until one day, Ranpo couldn't last any longer he knew this day would come...Once night hit Edger watched he father paint one last picture and it was truly beautiful...It was a painting of Ranpo, Poe, and their son Edger, once the painting was done Ranpo smiled with tears streaming down his face as he passed away falling back on the ground as Edger caught him in his arms. His last words were "Find someone as great as your mother, live a happy and healthly life unlike me never be sad...Always smile...Always smile and be happy son...I-We love you Edger so much...Silence fell in the household as Edger cried on his dead father's body and Yosano, Atsushi, Akutagawa (Atsushi's Boyfriend), Fukuzawa, Keniji, Tanzaki and his sister walked in on the scene. They were very sad to see Edger lose someone else important to him but, he said "It is alright everyone, let's not be sad over their/his death my father and mother will always be in our hearts! Let's not suffer from heartache!" Edger's words touched their hearts and from Heaven Ranpo and Poe smiled at their son as they fade away holding hands, seeing that their son had grown until a great young man...

The End...

A/n: Yeah I am not dead! I just needed some time for this idea to process in my head! Are you guys ready for more hahahaha! I have a Chuuya x Dazai one coming up so be ready. I love you all bye bye for now