Chapter 5: Resisting Temptation

A/N: The song Lauren will sing in this chapter is by Elizabeth Gillies called "Die Trying". The other song during the flashback is Heavenly by Cigarettes After Sex.

Would you guys like the social media updates back or no?

***

Nate's new look:

March 8th, 2032Friday, 9:50pm - Los Angeles, California

March 8th, 2032
Friday, 9:50pm - Los Angeles, California

Barenaked Blues took off in the year 2029 when Harry uploaded their hit song "One Week of Danger" to every music platform—including social media—and it received loads of streams and shares almost immediately. The song didn't go viral too fast, but it really hit the charts when a big account on Twitter got a hold of the music video, earned over 200k retweets, and record labels started taking notice. It was an alternative song that had a sexy vibe to it with two sexy leads that quickly became the icons of the band. When you have a bunch of teenage girls lusting over you, going crazy for tickets to your show, and a promising sound, money hungry labels will come after you. Nate didn't care about what was in the contract, he just wanted: money, fame, glory. The other members didn't care all that much either; they wanted the same exact thing while also wanting to release songs that meant a lot to them. But of course, signing a record deal and being in the public eye the way they were, a lot of things weren't so nice and sweet. More details on that very soon.

Each of them had a persona—some character they had to be when out in public or performing their music. Nate (lead singer/guitarist) was the hot and wild bad boy that had a flawed reputation, Harry (drummer) was the poetic hopeless romantic who liked to party just as much, Montero (guitarist) was the fashionable and overly straight shy guy, Willow (bass) was the loner stoner intellectual who often said weird things that scared "normal" people, and Jared (keyboardist) was the parent of the band that also never took anything seriously. Nate lost himself in his persona, Harry couldn't give a shit about romance, Montero was gayer than half of Hollywood, Willow was pretty outgoing and bubbly, and Jared cared perhaps a little too much to not be uptight a great deal of the time.

So far, the band has put out two EPs since the Stacked Like Pancakes days, released four singles, and released their first album called "Execution To My Mind" that debuted as number one on Billboard 200, sold 267,301 copies, and had over six million streams on spotify all in the first week. Another album was on its way, but not until they've finished touring. Speaking of finishing up, tonight was the last day of their world-wide tour—ending in Los Angeles, California with an after party event hosted by Lauren Jauregui at Boulevard3 before the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday. That was a place she now owned as of yesterday.

Madison had the publicity all covered. She met with Lauren, they caught up before the show aired where Madison would be joined with three co-workers to report news and discuss celebrity gossip, and she made sure of it that she'd promote Lauren's club and Nate's band. With the amount of A-list celebrities tending the party and the exclusivity, business would be booming in no time; it would be known as the number one hotspot for famous or rich people in Los Angeles if the night went well.