Chapter 10: Camping Trip (part three)

A/N: It's coming. :)

For the song later in the chapter, you can always look up the lyrics to the English version of the song if you wanna know what it means. Highly recommend you play it.

***
March 20th, 2032
Thursday, 2:41pm - Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania

"Falkreath, Riverwood, and Whiterun. Can you point to me where the first and last is? Do you remember?" asked Lauren, crouching down to Blaire's height.

They were currently by the lake, having some downtime after hiking on a trail to Hawk Falls for hours. Most of the group were canoeing or having lunch, soaking up the sun on this particularly warm day. Lauren and Blaire drew and coloured a map of Skyrim together earlier so they could roleplay; this was what Blaire wanted. The little girl had on an olive green dragon hoodie with black spikes on the head going down her spine, a little spear stick Simon carved for her with a Bushcraft knife, hiking boots and pants, and a little backpack she carried her "potions" and "stolen goods" in. Lauren only had on a black thermal crew neck, a crimson scarf around her neck, wine coloured pants, and black timbs laced on her feet. They also wore open fingered gloves together. Blaire played the hunter, Lauren was assigned to be her companion. Simon, Jesse, and Daniel were the bandits lurking around the woods.

"I don't, mommy," Blaire kept her eyes trained down, fixated on the varied coloured leaves on the ground.

"You have to remember in order to be a successful hunter. You don't want to get lost and not be able to find your way back to camp when you wander off," Lauren sniffled, rubbing her nose that became red from the occasional cool breeze. She expanded the map, pretended to analyse it, then lifted her head to scan her surroundings. Lauren pointed to her left where the trees were taller and said, "Over there is Whiterun," then to her right where the mountains could be made out in the very far distance, "Falkreath is over there. Right now, we are in Riverwood. Do you remember now?"

"Yes," Blaire smiled and focused her eyes on Lauren's forehead.

"Great. We'll go to the capital later—"

"What about Dragon Bridge?"

"That's northeastern Skyrim. We're all the way in the south. We can't go there today because mommy is tired," Lauren said as she folded the map and stuck it in the pouch of Blaire's backpack. "Is that okay?"

"Okay. Let's move it," Blaire shrugged and held Lauren's hand, dragging her along the woods with her pointy stick in the air.

"Blaire, do you know how to use—"

"Shush, mommy! There are bad doggies around," Blaire scolded seriously. Lauren chuckled.

"Wolves?"

"Wolves?"

"Yes, Wolves. That's what they're called."

"Wolves," Blaire repeated. "Wolves. That's what they're called, mommy. They're called Wolves."

"Exactly, baby," Lauren confirmed.

They continued trekking through the woods, not straying too far from the lake. Blaire moved a little more slowly now and kept her eyes peeled for any animal or person. And when she heard giggling coming from behind a tree, she stopped immediately and pointed.

"Mommy, there's someone here, mommy!" Blaire kept thrusting her finger in whatever direction the childlike laughter came from.

Lauren's brows furrowed as she tried to find its source. "Where? Do you want me to go check it out?"

"I don't know. Maybe you should use my spear," Blaire gave it to her but Lauren declined.

"It's probably nothing serious."