Chapter 2

Joe stared in disbelief at the security guard who was now trudging his way back toward the tent. Turning his attention to the girl he had just dropped from his back, he sighed loudly, in an effort to cover up his heartbeat which he was sure could be heard from a mile away. Something about the close proximity of her had done something to him, and he was desperate to ignore it. "Thanks for that," he snapped. "Now none of us can see the show."

He watched as she glared at him, her big brown eyes narrowing into slits as she smoothed her now disheveled black mini skirt over her black tights, her cropped graphic tee had ridden up, showing more of her tanned and toned stomach, and her flaming cherry red hair was whipping around in the wind. Joe shook his head slightly, realizing he would need to make an effort to stop staring at her - she was as beautiful as she was annoying. And she was very annoying.

"How is this OUR fault?" she finally spoke, crossing her arms over her front, effectively covering her exposed skin, breaking Joe out of his spell as he briefly let his mind drift to the feeling of her legs wrapped around his back just seconds earlier.

"How is this NOT your fault?" he retorted, forcing himself back to reality. "You just got us kicked out!"

"Alright, mate, let's just go," Caspar finally spoke, clamping a hand down on his shoulder. "Leave these drama queens alone."

Joe watched the woman snort, tightening her arms around her middle, as he began to walk away, just barely hearing her mutter, "What arseholes."

Whirling around, he shrugged Caspar's hand off of him and stalked back toward the three women, "Excuse me? We're the arseholes?"

If Joe stopped to think about it, he could probably identify a million reasons for this bit of rage he was showing - the pressure of their upcoming performance, his annoyance with Charlie, his terrible relationship with Delilah and not to mention the four shots of alcohol coursing through his blood. But at that moment - all he could see was the woman in front of him. Full of her over-confidence and snide comments. And he felt the need to let her know how much she bothered him.

"Everything okay over here?" a loud voice cut through the tension, and Joe was brought back to reality, realizing he was now standing extremely close to the redhead - his short breaths coming out forcefully as she stared at him with a mixture of surprise and another emotion he couldn't quite read. He turned his head and was met with a short, older security guard, grasping a radio from behind the wheel of a golf cart, a jovial smile on his face.

"Uh, yeah," Joe muttered, taking a step back. "Everything is fine."

The girl snorted, and he shot her a glare.

"Doesn't seem like it to me," the man shook his head. "We can't have fights breaking out at Glasto. You two need to work things out."

"I don't even know him," the girl rolled her eyes.

"Maybe you should get to know each other," the man shrugged, standing up off the golf cart. "Glasto is a good place to find love."

"Alright mate, thanks for the counseling, but we're fine," Joe rolled his eyes at the man's cheery tone.

Dianne scoffed, taking a step forward, "We're fine? WE are nothing."

Turning back toward her, mouth open ready to retort something equally nasty, he suddenly stopped in his tracks as the small security guard clamped a pair of handcuffs around his wrist with a click.

"Wha...what are you doing?" the redhead's voice hit Joe's ears, his annoyance with her immediately disappearing as he heard the very real panic in her voice.