Chapter 11

Dianne giggled, breaking the silence that hung around them, her forehead still pressed firmly against his, her hand gripping his that still rested on her face. Joe sucked in a shaky breath, his mind still spinning. He had just kissed Dianne. And he had liked it. A lot. And judging by the loud giggles still pouring out of her, she had liked it too.

"Dianne..." he murmured, gripping her cheek even tighter, in an effort to ground himself. "What...what are we..."

"Doing?" Dianne finished his sentence, her laughter slowing as she connected her eyes with his. "I don't know."

Joe breathed out slowly, willing his heart to stop racing. He felt his hand shaking in hers, and he knew he needed to gain some control before he spoke again - he was worried that all the crazy thoughts that were swirling in his head were going to come out and scare her away. Before he had a chance to speak, she leaned even closer.

"All I know..." she mumbled against his lips, "Is that I want to do it again."

Joe took that as his cue to forget the dangerous thoughts, leaning forward to connect their lips again, this time slower, yet full of the same intensity. He let his mind clear - all that mattered in this moment was Dianne - the feeling of her soft lips, her body that was now pressed firmly against his, and her fingers that were interlocking with his - still handcuffed - at their sides.

"Joe, this is crazy," Dianne mumbled again, pulling back just a fraction of an inch before attacking his lips again.

"I know...you drive me crazy," Joe murmured between kisses, letting go of her cheek to wrap his arm around her shoulders, pulling her impossibly closer.

"I'm supposed to hate you," Dianne breathed, squealing as he lowered his arm to lock around her waist, letting his fingers brush lightly against the bare skin where her cropped top had ridden up.

Joe chose not to respond, just chuckling quietly as Dianne pressed herself into him with even more pressure, gasping slightly as she slid her free hand up to the back of his neck, and up through his hair.

Leaning in for more kisses, Joe smiled against her lips when she moaned slightly as his hand snuck down even further, lightly cupping her bum before brushing up and down the line of her spine. He felt as if he wanted to touch all of her at the same time - as if she was going to disappear from his arms at any minute. She felt warm and soft and smelled like the best mix of roses and strawberries and he wanted to stay there, with her lips moving frantically against his, forever.

"I have to stop," Dianne panted as she finally pulled away a minute later, gripping his bicep under his puffy jacket. "Or else I might suffocate."

"I'd give you CPR," Joe grinned, closing his eyes and waiting for the inevitable slap to come. When nothing happened, he opened his eyes watching Dianne suspiciously. "Why didn't you just smack me?"

"That comment didn't even deserve a smack, it was that lame," Dianne replied dryly, unable to hide the hint of a smile on her swollen lips. "And also I'm just distracted by wondering how this happened."

"What?" Joe grinned as he dropped his hand again to rest back on her bum, earning a small gasp from her in response. "You kissing me, or you liking it?"

Dianne rolled her eyes, raising her arm to smack him on the chest, "You deserved that one."

"Well?" Joe pressed, knowing he had a shit eating grin on his face, and also feeling the urge to kiss her senseless again.

"Well first of all - you kissed me," Dianne retorted, leaning in and pressing her lips against his neck, sucking softly on the skin. "And second..."