Chapter Four

Last night's dinner went awfully terrible. He decided to order takeout to spare me the cooking for one more night. As I lifelessly bit on one small piece of pizza, he explained the chores I had to do. If he thinks that I will, cook, clean, do his dirty laundry, and all other chores he wrote. He must be out of his damn mind. Obviously, he has more money than the whole state. He can afford a maid or someone fit for the job, for sure. I got so mad when he let me go back to my bedroom. Mostly because I didn't know the extended version of why he wanted me here, let alone, why I should be doing this for him. It got on my nerves so much that I couldn't sleep. The only thing that occupied my thoughts was my dad. And what did Harry mean by me being my fathers payment. It circled my mind until I could hear footsteps around five in the morning. He went out to his morning jog, which 'gives me time' to make his breakfast. I decided to stay in bed, and that's exactly what I did. So once he came back and took a shower, I guess he waited downstairs for me, but as the clock strikes eight o'clock in the morning he busts trough my bedroom doors.

"Where the fuck are you?"

"Sleeping." I state calmly.

"Why are you not downstairs in the kitchen, making breakfast?" He yells. His eyes darken making my blood freeze in my body.

"I am not your slave! I won't do anything for you!" He rushes towards the bed and pulls me out by my wrist. I scream in pain. The moment I get up is the moment he puts his hands around my neck. Pressing it tighter and tighter. I start choking again.

"Pplease, ss-stop." I try to fight him, but it is useless.

"This house has rules. And you will follow them, whether you like it or not. Because if you don't do as I say, I will punish you like no one ever did."

"I'm sorry." I whisper. He puts me down and I fall to the ground.

"Now clean up the mess from last night. I'm eating out." He storms out of my bedroom and for what I hope, out of the house.

Getting up from the floor, I slowly walk towards the bathroom in the hallway. The sight I was fearing of the most caught my eyes. Dark purple and blue bruises are present on my neck. A gasp leaves my lips as I try to touch them.

"I can't do this." I say with tears threatening to spill. I run out of the bathroom in search of my shoes. I put them on quickly and open the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Harry asks, leaning on the doorway. My heart nearly jumps out of my chest.

"I-I-I I w-was..."

"You were what? Going somewhere?" He asks as he starts walking inside. I walk backwards trying to be out of his way.

"I told you already. But you didn't listen..." He says while taking ahold of my neck. He lifts me up and tightens his grip more by each minute.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I whisper.

"That's not going to help you this time." He throws me on the side.

"You're lucky I'm late. But be ready. Tonight is going to be interesting." He smirks and walks out the door. The automatic locks lock the door and the windows. Tears start rolling down my cheeks as I gasp for air. The pain is excruciating. What felt like hours were only small brief minutes as I laid down on the floor. Astrid and Thunder walked towards me. They watch me and before anything, Astrid wiggles herself under my arm and sits down. I lay my head on her, crying out the last tears I probably have in me. Thunder put his head on my back and we sat there, until there were no more tears left to cry. I pat them and get up. The kitchen is my first destination before I decide on heading into the upstairs bathroom. I pour myself a glass of water and as I try to drink it down, by every gulp I wince in pain. I put the glass down in the sink. My feet take me up the stairs and into the bathroom. Only this time, I don't look at myself in the mirror. I strip down from my clothes and enter the warm shower. Even though the water is warm, my body is still shivering from the previous events.

Once done I wrap my body in a towel and walk towards the bedroom. I open the closet to see my new clothing, washed and folded neatly. I went trough it last night, examining every piece of it. I was mostly surprised that he or whoever did this guessed all the sizes as well. I threw on a pair of leggings and a plain t-shirt before I walked down the stairs. What I failed to see last night was an iPad stuck to a wall.

'Whatever happens, you can contact me trough here. And when it rings, check the messages.' Says a small note posted on it. I take it off and crumble it immediately. I tap on the screen once and it lights up. On the main page are four apps. The first one is FaceTime, I guess I am going to call him over that in case of emergency. Second one is messages. I open the third one to see what it is. I roll my eyes once I realize that he put on an app with my everyday chores. I close it quickly and move onto the fourth one. But as I try to open it, a small window pops out on the screen. It requires a code. Who knows what's on here. I try typing in random codes but it doesn't work. Eventually, I give up and make my way into the kitchen. My stomach growls which means I have to get something inside of it. I try snacking on a small sandwich but it is hopeless, my throat hurts to the point I give up.

I clean after myself. And as I pass by the iPad a very loud notification sound is heard. I stop in my tracks and turn around. There is one red circle on the message app. I open it to see Harry's name appear on the screen.

*You have one more shot at fixing the mistake you made. Dress nice, we are heading out tonight. Be ready by 8.*

Is all the message says. Where is he taking me? Where are we going? Oh, God. Why do I feel like this night won't end well. I sigh and walk upstairs into my bedroom.