Chapter Thirteen

Hey loves! Thank you soooo much for 16K reads on my story. I truly appreciate you and I can't even begin to describe how happy you've made me!

I am also sooo sorry for taking long to update. But it is important I did it either way. I will try to keep the next chapters up to date, so you can read them as soon as possible.

Anyyywayss, I won't bother you further. I am hoping you will like this chapter as much as I do. Sorry for any grammar mistakes along the way.

Also please feel free to comment your thoughts on the characters and the whole story so far. Vote and enjoy.

Bye for now.

~HoranAgent

over and out xx

• • •

I am woken up by the strongest pang of pain in my head. I open my eyes and blink a few times in order to see my surroundings. My body is still on the cold kitchen floor. I sit up. My hands immediately rub my temples. The memories of what happened just hours ago come rushing through my mind. My hands immediately go to my neck, the moment I apply the slightest touch the pain laces through my whole body. I slowly get up and find myself leaning on the kitchen counter. I sigh and open the fridge. I grab a bottle of water and open it. I down the whole bottle in a matter of a few seconds. I take a few slow and steady breaths as I feel a presence behind me. Astrid is standing with her tail wailing from one side to another.

"Hey, girl." I quietly say, lowering my hand. She walks towards me and cuddles her head against my waist. I pet her and scratch behind her ear. All of a sudden the power goes out and the lights turn off. Her head shoots up and her ears narrow. She barks once and Thunder runs towards us.

A loud crash comes from one of the bedrooms upstairs. My eyes widen and I grab one of the chef knives from the drawers. The dogs run up the stairs in order to attack the intruder. I immediately stand behind a wall. Trying to listen in to what is going on upstairs. All of a sudden the dogs go quiet. My heart is racing like crazy.

"Spread around, she has to be here somewhere in the house." A deep male voice says. I hear footsteps running down the stairs. I run quietly around the kitchen island and into the dining room. I stand behind a wall, hiding in the dark. I can see some movement around the living room. So far, four tall figures are moving around the first floor.

"Over here!" One of them yells. The rest run towards him. I peek through to see them trying to open Harry's office. I take it as my chance and quickly move to the stairs. I quietly tiptoe up the steps and notice the dogs laying on the floor.

"Oh my God!" I whisper crouching down near them. I place my hand on Thunders' stomach, he's still breathing. They must have put them to sleep. I hear them spreading around the kitchen, trying to find me. My head shoots up and I look around. I run to Harry's bedroom, I quietly close the door and lock them. I look around the room. Trying to find the best place to hide. I run into his closet and look around. An idea comes to mind and I put the knife between my teeth. I slowly climb up the shelves until I reach the highest one. I pull the stack of shirts to the side and climb into the back. I push my body all the way into the back and put the shirts in front of me. I pull my knees up to my chest and grip onto the knife, close to my head.

I hear the doorknob moving, making my whole body tense. I take a deep breath as the door bust open. Six of them walk inside and look around the room.

"She has to be here somewhere." One of them hiss. I slowly move the stack of the clothing to hide my head further. They spread around the room, turning every single piece of furniture upside down. Until one stops and looks at me. I can notice his features trying so hard to focus on the sight in front of him.

"Boys, look at the little moth hiding in the closet." He says. They all look towards the closet slowly nearing closer. I keep still, grasping the knife close to me.

"Come out, come out." One of them sings. I don't move. All of a sudden a pair of hands grasp the shirts in front of me and throws them on the floor. A scream escapes my lips. His hands grab ahold of my leg. Pulling me out. He throws me on the floor and I land on my feet. I quickly move against the wall, while holding the knife in front of me.

"Who are you? What do you want?!" I yell as the six of them near closer to me. They all have masks over their heads.

"She looks even better in person." The person on the left says. I swing with the knife. Cutting one of them.

"You bitch!" He hisses and all of them come at me. I start kicking and swinging with the knife. I stab one of them into the stomach, but the rest of them are too strong. The one I stabbed takes the knife out of his gut and grips it in his hands. One of them connects their fist with my jaw, throwing me back. They form a circle around me. Each one throwing a painful hit. I fall down to the floor, allowing their legs to start kicking at my sides.

"Please stop!" I scream and they only laugh. They pull me by my hair out of the closet and throw me against the table behind the headboard. I try to crawl towards the open door.

"Agh!!" I scream as one of them kicks me in the ribs. Making tears fall down my face. One of them crouches down to look at me. His fists keep connecting with my face. I raise my knee, hitting his crotch. He falls down to the side while grasping it. I quickly stand to my feet and run outside. Blood is dripping down my face as I try to make it down the stairs.

"Get her!" One of them yells. I run under the stairs and into the garage. I crouch down behind one of the cars. I hear them enter inside. I crawl under the Range Rover to get closer to the door. They spread out and look for me. As they near the far back of the garage I take my chance and crawl out. I get up to my feet and start running back up the stairs. Harry must have a gun hidden in his room somewhere. I need to go and find it. I run back into the room and behind the bed.

"That's enough, get her!" One of them yells as they all run into the room after me. They corner me from each side, while slowly taking big steps towards me. They grab my hands and hold me tightly in place. The same voice that has been giving them commands is now laughing. His fists connect with my stomach. Making all the air leave my lungs. He throws a few more punches and without a single piece of strength left in me I fall down. They pull me back up. The man takes his mask off, revealing his face. His dark brown eyes and his thin lips form a smirk. He walks over to a part of the room, retrieving the knife I held in my hands just minutes before.

He smirks again as he comes in front of me. With a swing of his hand, he stabs my stomach making me scream in agony. Tears fall down my cheeks as he stabs again and again and again.

"Tell him we're waiting." That is the only thing he says before they drop me on the floor. I try to blink a few times, but it's too late. My eyes close down and darkness completely takes over me.