Chapter Ten

We arrive in front of a big museum. Harry exits the car and comes to my side to open the door for me. His hand reaches out for mine. When he realized I wasn't going to put mine in his he gave me the deadliest glare. Sophia's words come to mind and I follow along. I place my hand in his and get out of the car. Our fingers interlock immediately. A weird feeling plays in my stomach, but I decide to ignore it. Pictures are taken of us as we walk up the steps towards the main entrance. I hide my face in Harry's side without leaning into him until we enter inside. The whole place is highly secured with Harry's security at stand by. The moment we enter inside there is a checkpoint where you are being searched just like you are when you're being arrested. We just passed by it and walked towards a small desk where you leave your coat. I unbutton the buttons and slide the coat down my hands. A woman behind me retrieves it and puts in on a hanger, separated from the others. I look up to see Harry smirk, obviously satisfied with my choice of clothing.

"I have to greet some people, Sophia and Amber are over there. Go to them." He says. I nod and walk before him and towards the two girls who are my only friends now at the moment.

"Wow." Sophia says and I blush.

"It's way better then those bruises on your neck." Amber smiles.

"Thank you." I say and a waiter comes, carrying a tray with glasses of champagne. The girls each take a glass. I look behind me, to find Harry's eyes fixed on me. I look into his eyes and he nods. A small smile appears on my lips as I turn back around to take a glass for myself.

"So far, so good." Sophia says. I only give her a smile.

"Let's walk around and look at the art." Amber says and my eyes immediately go to Harry. He smirks knowing that I am following his rules without rebeling. A nod is the only thing I need in order to follow after the girls. We slowly walk around and examine the art around us. I stop in front of a specific painting, observing it carefully. This is the only one piece of art that is painted in all dark colors and tones. It shows a city, tall buildings surrounding a long street. In the middle of it is a dark muscular male figure. He is standing facing one of the buildings. His side profile showing. His head is looking down at the ground, you can see the hurt and pain he carries with himself. But the most mesmerising part of the whole painting, is a woman standing behind him. But she is glowing, a white glow is arround her as her hand is trying to reach for him.

"I see you enjoy my work." I hear a deep voice behind me. I turn around to find a tall man almost towering over me. His pearl white hair is styled in a quiff, matching his grey eyes. I almost speak, but then I remember the rule. I look around but I can't see Harry. I look towards the man in front of me and with a smile I nod. His smile resurfaces back on his face. Without a word I walk away and try to find either the girls or Harry. As I walk around I hear Amber talking, so I walk in the direction of her voice, finally finding her.

"Amber, where's Sophia?" I ask.

"She went to find Liam." I only nod and decide to look further for Harry. As I walk around and examine the art some more I finally hear him. I walk from around a corner and the moment his eyes set on me, his mood slowly shifts. I walk towards him and stand beside him. His hand goes around my waist, too low for my liking. The man that previously tried to talk to me, he walks up to Harry to shake his hand.

"Zara, this is one of the main artists that's showcasing his work tonight. This is Lucian Darkwood."

"Nice to meet you again." Lucian says and Harry tightens his grip on my waist.

"It's nice to meet you too." I say and look at Harry. He seems to relax a bit and his grip losens.

"Excuse us." Harry says and walks with me towards the table where the finger food is.

"You should eat something." He says and I nod. I pick up a canape and bite into it. I finish it completely.

"Try one." I suddendly say and hand him one. With amusment in his eyes he takes it and puts it in his mouth. His face holds the same expresion as mine as he realises how good it is. We each grab a few more before we continue our walk trough the rest of the gallery.

"Did you find anything you like?" He asks.

"I did." I say and look at a specific painting.

"Show me." He orders. I nod and start walking into the direction of the painting. We stop in front of it. He examines it while scratching his chin.

"Why this one?" He asks. But in that moment a guard comes up to him and whispers something in his ear. He nods and tells him an order I couldn't quite make out.

"Come on, let me walk you to Sophia." He says. Without another word I follow right next to him. Sophia and Liam come into view. She smiles at me and tries to listen in to what is happening. Harry tells Liam to come with him and leaves a guard watching us.

"So, I see you and Harry have been getting along tonight." She raises her eyebrows at me.

"The last thing we did was get along. But his company is a lot better when we're not alone." I sigh. She only chuckles and we walk around some more.

"This place is enormus." I comment.

"Yeah, the first time I came here, I got lost." Sophia chuckles.

"It's honestly like a labyrinth." We smile to my comment and just as we round a corner, the bathrooms come into view.

"I need to use the bathroom real quick." I say to her and she only nods. I open the door and walk inside as both Sophia and the guard stay outside. I close the door behind me and stand in front of the mirror. Once I look up at myself, something catches my eyes and a scream escapes my lips.

Oh no...

***

Happy late Easter everyone!

Sorry on the late update, I had problems with the wifi and now that's solved, I am back on track.

What do you think Zara found in the bathroom? What's going to happen next? Stay tunned to find out.

Also, leave a comment and like, it would mean a lot.

Love you lots! xx

~HoranAgent over and out