Chapter 26-Absolutely Nothing

Y/n's POV

I walk out of the bathroom and see Nick on his phone. I kiss him on the cheek and he quickly turns off the phone.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Nothing." He shrugs, trying to kiss me.

"Nick." I sigh. "Please don't do this to me right now."

"What?" He laughs nervously. "Do what?"

"Nick...when you didn't know I was in here, you were typing away on your phone. Then I kissed your cheek and you hid it. I'm not stupid. Tiffany was not the first girl Ryder cheated with." I roll my eyes.

"Mamas, it's nothing. I promise." He tries to kiss me again.

"No." I pull away. "If it's nothing, then what was it?"

"I-I...." He stutters. "Y/n, I can't answer that." 

"Okay." I scoff. "See you later." I grab my phone and sunglasses and go downstairs. I sit on the kitchen counter and chug a bottle of water until Leah texts me that she's here. I hop down and walk toward the door.

As I'm about to leave, I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"I'm sorry Ma. I promise it's not what you think." Nick whispers.

"Nick, I'm going out. See you later." I pull his arms off of me and leave.

"Yes! Girls night!" Leah yells as I get into the car.

"We got our outfits on!" I smile, taking a selfie and sending it to the group chat I have with the boys. Everyone responds but I answer everybody but Nick.

Leah and I listen to our favorite songs and I look down to see a text privately from Nick. It simply says "I love you". I roll my eyes and put my phone on silent.

"What was that about?" Leah laughs.

"Nothing." I smile. "Absolutely nothing."