02

The moment I stepped into the cake shop, I was immediately welcomed with greetings which I simply answered with a smile and a nod.

There were already customers inside who were having their breakfast with coffees and other pastries — some of them are just simply buying cakes.

"Ma'am you have a meeting with Ms. Inah at three in the afternoon for her scheduled appointment. The document is already placed on your table."

I gave her a smile before entering my office. "Thank you Leirah."

She really is God sent.

She's not just my secretary, but also the acting manager whenever I'm not around. She really deserves that position.

To be honest, she mostly handles all of the clerical tasks here in the shop. In terms of handling the business, she also shoulders most of the responsibilities since I mostly focus in the decorating and baking area.

At first, handling the business alone was easy for me since the number of orders that I receive on a daily basis were only a few. But as time passed by, the number of orders that I receive greatly increased which was too difficult for me to handle alone.

I can't be a cashier, cleaner, baker, decorator, and owner at the same time.

Thankfully my husband has connections. He chose my secretary and then she helped me in hiring my employees now.

The folder's cover features the design of our shop, while the contents of it are the pictures of our custom-made pastries that we sell along with their ingredients.

I always make sure to remind Leirah to put the information and the ingredients of every pastry for assurance. I don't want any customers of mine to complain at my shop again for allergic reactions.

When I saw that everything's well arranged, I stood up from my seat and grabbed the apron from the coat rack before entering the kitchen. I have three cakes to decorate today from my repeated clients.

Just when I grabbed the icing pipe, one of my employees immediately approached me.

I just ignored Clarence as he approached me and tried and to take the icing pipe away from my hand. Clarence is one of our cake decorators.

"No, its fine, I insist."

Before I started decorating the cake, I told them all to not mind me since I felt like most of them wanted to take the spatula from my hand.

I know that my employees will give me some special treatment since I'm their boss, but all of us have our own duties that we need to accomplish, so they shouldn't be treating me differently since I'm also working in the kitchen same as them. But of course, I'll ask them whenever I'd need help.

I completely forgot what time it was already due to the fact that I was too focused on decorating the wedding cake.

I only snapped back to reality when Leirha suddenly entered the decorating area with a frantic and hectic expression on her face.

"Ma'am, it's almost lunch time. I've been calling you several times. Do you want me to fetch Sir. Aiz from school?" My eyes widened with shock, I then rushed to removed the apron that I was wearing.

"What time is it?" I asked as I washed my hands.

"Ma'am it's already 11:20. It would be fine for me if I would pick him up from school since I'm available as of the moment. "