Bittersweet SebastianxCiel

one of my first fics woo. (I'm still learning how to use this website so bear with me here.) But I hope you enjoy the first chapter. Thanks for reading <3

“So how are you feeling today, Ciel?” his usual doctor asked him.

Ciel shifted uncomfortably in his night gown, clenching his hands tightly by his side. He simply shrugged his shoulders then rested his head back down on the pillow.

The doctor scowled.

It’s always the same response. He thought.

He didn’t even bother pulling out his pen.

This boy is so predictable…

“So” the doctor stated “I’ve been telling you for a while now that I’m going to retire soon…”

Ciel simply murmured a faint “Mhm”.

The doctor paused, then finished “For this week, I am going to be bringing in my new replacement. Are you okay with this Ciel?”

Ciel didn’t respond, just simply stirred lightly on the mattress.

“I am taking that as a yes”.

With a shallow sigh, the doctor shuffled off to his bag. He rummaged through the papers, until he finally found the file.

“I am going to get him now.”

With that, the doctor stood up and exited the room.

The doctor greeted the replacement with a tired frown. The new psychiatrist, Sebastian Michaelis, was waiting dutifully outside of Ciel’s room for the doctor’s return. From the “conversation”, for lack of a better word, Sebastian concluded that his new patient was a rather quiet one.

Or he just really hates his doctor. Sebastian thought.

“Mr. Michaelis” the doctor warned. “I’m not going to sugar coat things… so I’m just telling you now… Ciel Phantomhive is a difficult boy. I expect that he’s going to be the worst of all of your patients. When we first got him he was a screaming mess. It was only until recently that he calmed down. As you know, he is completely blind and is diagnosed with PTSD”.

Sebastian nodded his head. Yet he couldn’t help but wonder why the doctor was speaking so freely about the boy when they were just outside of his room.

He ultimately shrugged off the thought and listened to the doctor as he continued.

“He suffered a traumatic past, most of it he won’t even tell to us. Yet we do know that he was abused, causing Ciel to be… well, disturbed.”

The doctor then leaned in very close, words coming close to a hiss as he said “And remember Sebastian. That boy is not to be trusted. Don’t ever let your guard down around him. He’s not even human anymore Sebastian… just a shell of one.”

Sebastian noted every word the doctor said, with a most unsightly picture of the boy in his head. He expected for him to be like one of the patients from a movie… Deranged, not even present, too far off in their own universe, laughing manically… an evil grin plastered on their worn and hideous faces.

Yet when the doctor opened the door, Sebastian was never more so proven wrong.

As he looked over the small boy on the bed, he couldn’t believe that he was the patient the doctor had so horribly described. He was quite small for his age, yet held a grace that could be considered “dainty”. He had fair porcelain skin, without a single blemish tainting its pale surface. His blue-hued hair framed his doll-like face and covering his eyes were layers of bandages.