Both take the same bus every day AU

For the past months, every single day, Dowoon had been on the same bus as him. Who? Dowoon didn't know it either. But ever since Dowoon started his new job he would see him at the bus stop in the morning. They never spoke a word, but Dowoon was pretty sure both acknowledged each other's existence. Sometimes they sat next to each other, sometimes they didn't. Dowoon always got out one stop earlier, so he never knew what the stranger's everyday destination was.

And oddly enough, Dowoon found himself looking forward to his endlessly boring bus rides. He would be filled with an unexplainable sense of stress when the stranger was late and Dowoon thought he might have missed the bus. It was always a relief when the handsome figure would stumble into the bus last minute and plop down on a random seat; sometimes next to Dowoon and sometimes not. It was the most exiting when he did. Then Dowoon would feel his heart beat with curiosity and a thousand questions and remarks would be ready on the tip of his tongue, though never actually being said.

Only one time their eyes had met, and the stranger had given him the most gentle of smiles Dowoon had ever seen. It was the type that would make anyone feel a little warmer inside, no matter how chilly your heart was.

But on a rainy Tuesday morning, Dowoon was less lucky. The moment that the bus was about to drive away, the stranger still hadn't stepped in yet. They didn't even know each other, yet Dowoon felt worried. What if something bad had happened to him? What if he had bought a car and Dowoon would never be able to see him again?

Though he knew nothing about him– the handsome stranger could be a murderer for as far as Dowoon knew– there was this sense of sympathy and attachment, perhaps mixed with attraction and curiosity.

Nonetheless, the bus ride was lonely and boring that morning.

The next morning, Dowoon was relieved when the stranger shook out his umbrella and took place next to him on the bus.

"I missed you yesterday," Dowoon blurt out with a sheepish grin.

The stranger seemed surprised, but then chuckled.

"My apologies. Perhaps I can make up for it by taking you out for a cup of coffee some time?"