11

^^ Red Run ^^

"Uncle James, I have a favor to ask." I spoke without preamble, knowing he'd be awake at this hour, toiling away in his workshop.

'Uhm... why are you in my head versus using the handy dandy earrings I made?'

"Because mother can track when I use said earring, and I'm not currently speaking to her until she apologizes. Now; I need a favor." I brushed his concern aside, explaining myself, then refocused the conversation.

'Hmm... Alright. What do you need? Custom Magic item?'

"I can make my own, thank you, You'd be quite impressed with what I've made, I think! But no, I need coordinates for the nearest Honeypot Dungeon." I smiled at his casual acceptance.

'Honeypot? Why that type?'

"I require a whole Dungeon Core for my latest experiments. Two, if possible, but one at least."

'... are you sure that's wise?'

"When is anything I do wise?!? But no, I'm quite sure I'll keep myself safe, if that's the concern. The experiment will take place inside of a Demiplane of my own creation. Medea knows where it is, but no one else does, not even my secretary."

'You have a secretary? Really?' He snorted loudly, laughing and setting down whatever was in his hands.

"I do, and she's quite beautiful, thank you! She's also an assassin, so she's multi-purpose!" I smirked, standing on the roof of the college and watching the woods below. "As a secondary request, can you find me the best waves on the continent? I want to go surfing, clear my head."

'Yeah, kid, I'll get you some waves; one condition, though, you bring me and your secretary along.' He chuckled.

"Ew, Jay, she's like 20!!!" I gagged, laughing at his ridiculousness. He'd always been fun to talk to.

'Ah, dammit, why didn't you say so? That is gross. Still, I haven't surfed in a while, so I'll get the locations of those two honeypots for you, and then we'll go to a Cove I know of. I'll bring Helen and Clark, too, if that's alright?'

"Everyone is invited except my mothers, until they get their heads out of their asses." I nodded firmly.

'Understood, Tweety-Bird. Gimme a mo'... here we are!' I felt a portal coordinate string appear in my mind, and smiled.

"I'll be there in a half hour, Uncle Jay. Let me fetch some friends. No fun if it's all adults." I stepped into my room, fetching Alice calmly, and explaining the situation, before changing into surfing attire; Board Shorts and a Tank. A little bit of waterproof eyeliner, a quick doing up of my hair so it'd stay out of my eyes, and I was good, walking around looking for the princess and her group. She was talking to her entourage quietly in the library, and looked surprised when I approached.

"Did you forget something, Lady Lunier?" She asked slowly.

"Nah, I just figured It'd be a nice way of easing the tension to invite you guys to go surfing. Are you in? There'll be wine, Arch-Mage's to pester about magic, and I may even let Avon out for a bit, if she promises to behave and not try to kill anyone." I offered, waiting to see her reaction.

Her eyes widened a fraction, before settling down. "I see... what is... Surfing?"

I grinned. "Oh, just the best and most relaxing sport in the world, is all! Come on, don't worry too much. My family is pretty cool." I opened a portal then and there, walking through with Alice in tow onto the pure white sand.