Chapter 3

"But Mum seriously I am feeling like a bull in a china shop !"

"Dont feel like that girl we all are so happy that you thought to keep it halal even after living in this western culture where hook ups dating and all are casual things. And its nothing awkward in a girls family sending marriage proposal ok. And let me tell you something my jaan".

"Khadija (RA) was considered one of the most beautiful, noble, wealthiest and the reputed lady of the Qureshi family and when she started trading through our Nabi (SAW) she loved the honesty of our Nabi (Saw) and she decided to marry him yet She didnt approached our Nabi (SAW) and expressed her feelings. Instead she persuade to get her elders involved and send a proposal to our Nabi ( SAW) to which he gracefully accepted the proposal and they got married and we all know how much love Allah created between them just because they were concerned about Allah's consent in their love. So why you are you feeling awkward in following something in a Sunnah way"

"Subhan Allah." Aairah gently caressed her hand and mumbled " But Mum tell me honestly are you happy with my decision ?

"Trust me I am on top of the world right now. Back then when you told me about Aabaan I was so elated that you chose the right person. We have known him since childhood and I can assure you Aabaan is a good guy He wont let you shed even a single tear."

"In Shaa Allah. Hope so."

"My jaan everything's going to be alright relax and dont plop so much of stress on such a tiny brain otherwise Aabaan wont be able to handle a cuckoo wife you know." And she left the room while having good hearty laugh.

"Mom being Mom. Really cant help it."

*********

Dinner was done and it was dessert round Aairah was busy in the kitchen preparing to serve the dessert And as luck would have it Aabaan's phone rang and he left the drawing room to attend the buzz and Aairah's super excited mother took it as a golden chance to strike it rich and without a delay she began. "What have you'll thought about Aabaan ? If I am not wrong Ma Shaa Allah he is going to be 25 right Samaira ? So any plans for his marriage?"

"If he says yes I would get him a perfect bride right now but he just have one answer 'I dont want to get married now''. However I have made up my mind any how I am going to get him married and settled to live a happy life. Until when will he live like a Robot working 24/7 ?!"

"So Do you have any girl in mind ?"

"Not yet."

And this time it was Aairah's father taking the topic further. "Well Hamza Ma Shaa Allah Aairah has completed her studies and now her cafe is also at a good pace so I was thinking its time I should fulfil my responsibility and I and Aqsa both were thinking why not Aabaan ?"

"Wallahi Ibrahim even I thought about it. Its been 37 years since we are friends and both our families are so familiar to each other and trust me I would love to have Aairah as my daughter in law She would perfectly handle our family. What do you say Samaira?"

Ecstatically she replied "Even I feel the same infact no other girl would compliment Aabaan as much as Aairah would do. They will seem like truly Made for each other''

Aairah's lips screeched from ear to ear She couldn't control that smile on hearing the words she was waiting for since so long. Her dreams were stepping towards reality. Her prayers were about to be granted. With Heart beating as fast as it can and stomach doing Zumba she felt nervous to walk to the drawing room in front of the people whom she has known since childhood but just one decision thats going to change the relation from 'Family friends to In laws' was making her hesitant to move even a single step.

Joy spread around the Room like confetti. All the faces were blooming with the happiness. Their lips never left that cheerful smile and Their eyes were sparkling with joy; the joy of a hope for a new bond to nourish Aairah and Aabaan's life.

"Have you'll considered this with Aairah?" with a slight change of concern Samaira questioned.

" Alhumdulliah its already a yes from her."

"Shukran. Ya Allah ! Aqsa I am pretty sure it will be a yes from Aabaan as well I know my son after all who can say no to a girl like Aairah. Just let him come back once. If everything goes right will decide the engagement date today itself I just cant wait to see my son settled."

"Hold on your grip Samaira give them some time such decisions cant be made in matter of seconds right. At least talk to Aabaan first then make plans. Enthusiastic woman." Jested Hamza.

With hands shivering and lips trying to seal straight Aairah entered the room and as she placed the tray on centre table Samaira was quick give her tight squeeze and a lovely kiss on her forehead.

"Ma Shaa Allah I would love to see you as Aabaan's wife" She was holding firm on Aairah's hands And her eyes shifted to Aabaan standing there completely taken aback by the conversation he just heard.

"Look He is here. Aabaan come here beta sit we need to talk to you."

"I heard everything." Was a quick response from Aabaan. Aairah felt like escaping from there as soon as possible. Her heart was about to pound out of her chest and nervousness causing her legs to shiver as to what her ears are going to hear the next.

With a husky voice filled with malice Aabaan asserted "This cant happen Mom Dad and I am appraising it here forthright so that anyone wouldn't stay in a fool's paradise anymore because my decision isn't going to impel."

"But what's wrong Aabaan ? Give me a valid reason for this no." Samaira alleged fiercely.

"Because our personalities doesn't match Mom. An ordinary bakery owner cannot comply as my ideal !" And this time Aabaan's emerald eyes were directly piercings through Aairah's hazel orbs sparkling with tears about to deluge.

The same emerald eyes that smitten Aairah's heart and sweep her off her feet was today drilling through her intramural and made sure every inch of her red hollow muscle material was shattered.
______________

Aha ! Here comes the first twist of the story and many more are on the way.
And I hope by now you have already got a glimpse of Aabaans personality.
So what do you think ? Will Aairah still love him the same ?