Not my fault.

"I can't believe we were all chosen...it's just too much." Julia sighed sadly. 

She was wearing the same clothes as always, those carpet pants, but today they were a dark red.  "Would ya just stop talking about it ya fag!" Angus suddenly yelled, he was usually rude to Julia but today he was just so upset. "I'm sorry, I just don't think all my cricket training will help me in this situation". 

Eammon was pacing nervously around the room we were all sitting in, looking for some kind of exit. "You're making me nervous," Jasmine told him. Eammon turned around suddenly making direct eye contact with her. "IT'S NOT LIKE THIS IS MY FAULT!" He looked like he was about to punch her but as he swung, he turned suddenly again and struck his fists into the concrete wall, drawing blood. "Eammon!!" Tayah, Jess and Mila all chimed at the same time like they usually do when Eammon chose to inflict damage on himself. Eammon lets out a grunt and started pacing again. 

"Come on guys it won't be that bad..." Ryan suggested, who always tries to brighten the mood. Alix then snarkily responded with "Maybe not for me and Lachlan, we know all we need to survive in situations like this." She gives a forced smile at Lachlan and he does so too. Lachlan holds Tayah's hand and whispered something into her ear, then she stormed to the other side of the room. "If anyone talks to me right now I'll murder you before we even get sent into the arena." There was a wobble in her voice, but everyone agreed silently to let her cool down. "Not like you can go anywhere anyway." Seb mumbled. About half the room heard it and looked at him. He continued, "We are literally in a cement room with a door that can only be activated by those fucking peacekeepers. Fuck them. Fuck all of this shit!" 

"There's no reason to get angry until we are fighting for our lives." Mila tried to add some more light to the situation, "its not like it's only us in the arena." Her statement fell flat. Julia tried to help her out and squeaked "Theres going to be more people in the arena, maybe if we all stick toge-"  Eammon cuts her giving an angry yell and tugging his hair. Everyone was silent. They sat for an hour in the cold room. When the peacemaker finally entered, they told them about sleeping arrangements.

Room A had Eammon, Ryan, Angus, Jasmine, Will and Sebastian. 

Room B had Tayah, Jessica, Mila, Julia, Alix and Lachlan.

 The peacekeeper spoke through his mask "These rooms are designed so you can not kill yourselves. There are alarms for any possible situations. No point in trying to get out, have fun." He sounded cold and dead inside. 

In room A, Angus was woken up to hear Ryan crying as everyone slept, he quietly walked to his bed. "Hey bud its ok, we'll be ok" Angus tried to sound uplifting, but he really didn't know what to do in these situations. Ryan sat up and said in a hushed voice "I'm fine. You should check on Will, he's more upset than me". Angus made a nervous face, luckily unable to be seen in the dark room, and walked to Will's bed. He was evidently having a nightmare, and was talking to himself. "Wow, is this what Mila sounds like?" He said in his mind. he didn't know if you were meant to wake someone up if they were sleep talking, so he left Will alone, and he went back to bed. Eammon was trying his best to sleep, he had a pillow between his legs and one under his head, and squeezed and thought of things to dream about, but he laid there wide awake all night. Jasmine and Sebastian kept waking up throughout the night, remembering all the guts and blood they saw spilled on the last years show they were about to be forced on.

Room B, everyone knew they wouldn't be sleeping that night, so instead of try, they talked to each other. Lachlan said he wasn't feeling good and was going to lay down next to the AC. "Never thought it would be us" Alix said. She stared at Julia, who was feeling very quiet. Tayah was more calm now than before, but had tear stains on her face form the last hour of crying. "Hey, maybe we should summon a ghost or something.. for good luck I don't know." Everyone laughed then, and she started feeling stupid, but then Jessica said "Sounds like a plan, Stan!" They then used the chalk they had to design hunting strategies to allow Tayah to draw a pentagram, and they all envisioned the candles. Tayah then mumbled the words, getting louder every sentence, and everyone in the room held hands. "It's just like that one time we exorcised Eammon" Mila chuckled, Jessica elbowed her in the side. Then Tayah stopped, everyone looked ominously towards the circle waiting, and Lachlan jumped into the circle with a sheet over his head screaming "BOO BITCH!" Everyone screamed, and then began to laugh until they were on the floor. A peacekeeper barged in expecting a fight, and once she evaluated that everything was safe, banished them all to bed. Everyone was laying down, but only half of them getting any sleep.

-End of this chapter-

-Leave a comment on what you want to happen