Die You Mummies!

"DIE DIE DIE."

"STUPID CONTROLLER. DIE YOU STUPID GREEN MUMMY" I screeched as I violently swung the fake gun around, darting bullets on the mummies head.

"CAN YOU RUN FASTER. SERIOUSLY!" Pressed the controller button so hard that I sweared that one day It would have a hole from my fingers.

"Woah, slow down there, Pegs" Alex looked at me amusingly.

"No way! ALEX, watch out!! On your left." I yelled at him who was sitting beside me laughing.

"Thanks for the heads up, Pegs. You know for a nerd, you are good." He laughed before popping the mummy ugly head with the laser.

"This game is my favourite and I was about to miss the chance of beating my highscore if you did not shoot the mummies in front of you. Scrumbs!" I glared at the screen as the mummy take a critical hit at me and I died. 10 more points before I surpassed my highscore. I stared incrediously at the countdown on the screen.

"Woah languange!" Alex laughed harder. I turned at him to give him the deadliest glare I could muster.

"10 more points. 10 more then I can beat my highscore. " I pointed the fake gun at Alex who was raising his arms. 

"You are so intense, Pegs. Who knows you got this cute side of you." He smirked handsomely at me.

"I am always cute. What are you talking about?" I flipped my hair back, trying to hold my serious face.

Alex jokingly retched at my remark.

"I am hungry. Lets go eat some burgers."

Alex and I managed to get the assignment done earlier than expected and It was Sunday. Alex decided to bring me to a movie actually, but I ended up falling asleep halfway through the movie. The place was cold and cosy! Not to mention, Alex bought a totally boring romance movie tickets, assuming that all girls would like to watch those kind of movies. Well, I did. But, only the ones that are really good.

It was a fun 'date'. He would probably ignored me like the usual once we got back to school but I did not mind. I rather not caused any rumours of me hanging out with the popular jock and graduated college gracefully.

------------------
"Thanks for today, Al. I haven't had a good time for a long time." I smiled at him while staring at the city view from the hill.

"Anytime, Pegs. Tonight, I saw a whole new side of Peggy Torres." Alex smiled before munching a bag of crisps.

"The bad side of her?" I teased him as I gulped down my cola.

"I was gonna say wild but yeah, you were totally a bad ass girl. By the way, where did you learn how to do arm wrestle? You were strong!" Alex winced as he massaged the back of his hand.

"One of my hidden talent, i guess." I laughed at the memories of us doing arm-wrestle in the burger shop. Being a werewolf, we were stronger than the human. Tonight, I might have been too passionate and slammed Alex's hand hard on the table.

"Imma beat you next time we did this again. But I mean how though. Look at this arm. How can they loose to your tiny arms" He pouted while flexing. It was a nice view.

"It will take you years to beat me, Al." I smiled cockily. Then suddenly, a chilly wind brushed past my neck, causing me to shiver unvoluntarily.

"Can't handle the cold?" He smirked.

"Shivering is my body unvoluntary reaction towards a momentary drop in temperature, Al. But, I am good. I love the cold." I folded my arms close to my chest.

"You and your denial. Your lips are turning blue." Alex proceed to take off his thick scarf and wrapped it around my head. Literally.

"Alex! You are suffocating me." I minimumly tried to remove the scarf off my face. It was nice. He smelled nice.

'But Damon's scent is way alluring.' My wolf suddenly entered and broke the atmosphere. As usual, I ignored her.

"Now you look like the mummy on the game. But uglier." Alex teased pinching both of my cheeks. I was stunned by the close proximity but luckily the sky was dark enough to hide my reddening cheeks.

I playfully slapped his hands away. But he caught my hands instead.

"Damn, Pegs. Your hands are freezing." He rubbed his hands on mine to warm it up. I could felt my heart beating fast. I was trying to convince myself to not fall for him that fast. Trust me, I was really trying to.

Alex cupped my hands for a moment before letting them go after realising what he did.

"Let's go back. We got school tomorrow." He mumbled before walking back to his car.

"Since when Alex Dempsey care about school?" I laughed as I followed him back to the car.