Chapter 3: Unlikely Turn of Events

November 1st, 2019.
Ben's POV

Pounding head. Ringing ears. I wake up to the sound of screaming. Who the frick is ruining my sleep. I look to my right and see a girl in my bed. I jump up and scream.

"Oh my god you scared me!" It was Catherine.

"What are you doing in my bed?" Ben shouts.

"You don't remember last night huh?" Catherine says flirtatiously.

"Catherine. Did we-"

"We slept together Ben. Deal with it." She says as she walks towards the door.

"Give me back my shirt!" I say running after her.

-

I walk downstairs to find everyone crowding around something in the living room.

"What's going on?" I ask as everyone turns around and looks at me.

"H-H-Holly" Robyn shivers.

"She's dead." Ellie whimpers as everyone moves outwards to reveal Holly's body.

A stab wound to the right hip. A blue neck. And a bruise on the right side of her skull.

"Oh no." I exclaim.

"What should we do?!" Elle cries.

"Call 911." Jola says, crying. More than anyone else which is slightly strange. How could she be more effected by this tragedy?

"We need to get Sean." Mia says as she heads upstairs to grab him.

The next few hours are a blur. Police sirens are all I could hear for the next 5 hours. We had to stay in the house until the police found out who did it, none of us knew who, what, where or when.

This was clearly a curse. The curse which occurs every Halloween night. And Holly was a victim of it.

-
Emma's POV
"Emma?" I hear my name as I zone out of my thoughts of Holly's body. It's Megan, and she looks petrified. "Can I t-talk to you for a second?"

"Yes of course!" I say as me and Megan head into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"I need you to give this note to Debbie." Megan says as she hands Emma a note.

"Why? What does it-"

"You can't read it. And you can't open it, only Debbie can. And Debbie can never know who wrote this or gave to you. Okay?" She says as she grabs my wrist. "Debbie needs to read what's on this letter. But she can't see me afterwards."

"What are you on about? Did you do something to Holly?" I ask, as Megan avoids the question.

"I have to go." Megan says as she walks away from me and runs out the door.

The note says 'Debbie' on the front, and I can't read it. I can't betray Megan's trust.

-

"This sure is scary, right?" Elle asks Dan.

"Yes, we have to get everyone out of here as soon as possible." Dan exclaims as he goes outside to talk to the police.

Holly Day was dead. And no one knew who killed her. Well, obviously besides her killer. What this group of people were about to discover...

Fate lies in the hands of your reputation. Good people don't die. Bad people do.

That is why 2 hours from the moment Dan spoke to the police, another murder would be committed.

Stab mark on the right hip, blue neck, bruise on the right side of their head.