Chapter 9 - Sacrifice

Sean's POV
I go outside my home to empty the rubbish to see a figure wearing all black approach me.

They're holding a gun.

"Whoever you are, please put down the gun." I say as the figure walks towards me. "Please, I have a wife, a family-"

"Sure you do." I recognise that voice.

The figure takes off their hood.

"Sean." Mia says with a sob.

"Mia?! What are you doing here, with a gun?!" I whisper yell.

"Ok ok, the gun isn't mine. I found it under Catherine's bed okay! Just incase someone would attack me as I followed you here." She said as she took a deep breath. "So you're married. And you have a child?"

"Yes. I was-"

"When was you going to tell me? That you loved her instead?"

"Mia I-"

Mia puts the gun to her head.

"Goodbye Sean."

BANG

-

Catherine's POV

I'm 90% sure Ben is the father. It's impossible for James to get me pregnant.

I got permission from the police to go to the doctors, as long as a police officer accompanies me.

"What are you going to the doctors for anyway?" Officer Terrell asks.

"I need to find out how far long into my pregnancy I am, also to make sure I am pregnant." I reply as Terrell nods.

"Why isn't the father with you?" He asks.

"I'm not sure who it is, yet." I reply as he nods once again.

We arrive at the doctors, and I make my appointment.

"I'll be waiting outside." Terrell says as I go into the patient room.

I explain everything to the doctor, and she asks me to take another pregnancy test.

"This test is called ClearBlue, when you take the test it will tell you if you're pregnant and how far long you are, and after we will do an ultrasound." She said as I nodded. "The bathroom is down the hall, door on the left."

I walked towards the bathroom and went in. I'm so nervous. What if this says not pregnant? How will I begin to explain to Ben and James there isn't a baby? Or what is there is a baby and I can't work out who the father is?

BEEP

"Congratulations! You are pregnant! You are 3 months and 2 weeks long!"

3 months?!

Wait... oh no.

FLASHBACK
3 months 2 weeks earlier

I'm at a party with all of the faculty of USP College. I've had a lot to drink.

"Catherine! You need some sleep my friend, need a lift home?" He asked me.

"Yeeeeeees." I said, clearly out my brains.

Me and Dan head to his car and he took me back to my place. He helped me through my door and set me to bed.

"Ok Catherine I have to go now okay? Get some rest and I'll see you Monday?"

"Staaaaay." I said as I get out of bed.

"Catherine I-" I interrupted him by kissing him, Dan eased into it.

And before you know it... bang bang bang ;)

PRESENT DAY

Dan...

He's the father.

-

"911 what's your emergency?"

"H-Hi my name is Sean McGomery I live at 132 Crawford Way and I'm here with my girlfriend and she's shot herself-"

"Where has she been shot?" The lady behind the mic asks.

"She tried to shoot herself but luckily didn't succeed, the bullet went through her leg." Sean says with a cry over the phone.

"Sean, hang up." Mia says with pain.

"No, we are getting you to hospital. You are lucky I pushed the gun away from your head in time!" Sean says.

"Okay, an ambulance has been alerted." The lady says.

"Thank you so much..."

"Ashley, my name is Ashley."