19

- double update and a time skip, teeheehee. 😗

Toni Braxton

Toni Braxton

12 years later

"Let's delete that echo part on my vocals and put in some ad-libs. I think it'll sound better that way." I voiced my opinion on the song.

Let It Flow played through the speakers as we tweaked it some. I wanted it perfect. I needed it perfect. Kenny didn't write this song for me to have it imperfect. This song was for him and when I released it, I needed the world to know someone perfect wrote it for me.

"Like that Toni?" David asked me as he cut it out for me to put more there.

I nodded. "Yep. Exactly like that. I'll be back." Walking into the booth, I placed the headphones back over my ears and spoke. "Go like 10 seconds before you cut it."

David sent me a thumbs up and soon I heard the song playing. I began doing the ad-libs that I wanted, and after a minute just started free styling them. It was how I worked best instead of going so scripted. When I finished, I took the headphones off and placed them back around the microphone.

Walking back into the studio, I watched David as he played it and then began putting his twist to it. Nodding my head to the song, I realized that Kenny knew what he was doing hiding his song book in my closet. Had I not moved, I would have never found it. I wouldn't be Toni Braxton. I'd still just be Toni.

"Give me a few hours to cut and chop some things and get it right, I'll send you final draft and if I get your say so, we will get it off to the label." He spoke suddenly.

I nodded as I hugged him. "Thanks David. You're the best."

"Mhm. Tell me about it." He waved me off.

Walking outside, my car was parked in front of the building but I noticed someone else's sitting behind mines. The back door of the car opened and I smiled as I squatted to embrace my princess. Kennedy came running and squealed. "Mommy!"

"Hey my baby." I answered in excitement. Keri got out of the car and walked over towards us.

"I missed you mommy." Keri and I met eye contact with glares as Kennedy spoke again, leaning back and sending me a look which caught my attention. "You didn't miss me?"

Snapping out of it, I replied. "Of course I missed you sweet pea."

Kennedy was 7, going on 22. The child was feisty and here recently she's been getting into dancing. I was shocked because I've never been the type to dance much, but my daughter decided that would be her path of interest and I supported without much argument.

"Why are you not looking happy?"

I smiled at my daughter. "I am happy Ken. I just didn't know that you were coming back so soon. That's all." Unlocking my car, I looked at her father. "Can you give me her seat?"