Ch. 6 | Questions

The three men looked at me, and Bella turned to see who the woman in question was talking to. The Elena lookalike. The hurt that flickered in her eyes made me register what that had sounded like. I glanced back and both Stefan and Damon were glaring at me. Emmett looked confused.

"She walked into my room after I finished showering." I quickly explained, taking large steps toward Bella and capturing her hands in mine. "Nothing happened. I wouldn't do that. You're the only person I want." I lifted her hands and pressed soft kisses to the backs of them.

She relaxed slightly and I seen the start of a smile on her lips before she could catch herself and went back to her carefully composed expression.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "I thought I was picking you up?"

"Damon called me and explained a plan he had, and I came here to tell them how ridiculous it is." She explained.

"What plan?" I questioned.

"They want to use Katherine to help Elena." She said, my brows furrowed in confusion. She gestured over to the woman, Katherine. She winked at me, and Bella growled, taking a possessive step toward me and blocking me the best she could with her tiny frame from Katherine's sight.

I fought to keep my smile in check. However, she may as well have written mine on my forehead. And I was, unconditionally hers.

"What's wrong with Elena?" I asked.

"No humanity." Damon answered for me. I shot him a look, I didn't understand. "Our kind has a switch in the back of our brains. An on and off switch, for our humanity. Elena's is off. She doesn't feel anything. Katherine here hates Elena, which means she could probably cause her fear if she threatened to hurt her and messed around with her for a bit."

"But I say we can't trust Katherine." Bella said, shooting the woman a look.

"I'm completely with Bella on this one." Another girls voice came from behind me. I turned my head and recognized the blonde from Alice's vision.

"Thank you, Caroline! Finally someone logical." Bella sighed.

"Again, do you have any other plan?" Damon snapped at Bella. I growled and glared at him, protective of my love. He raised his eyebrow mockingly at me.

Bella frowned as she thought for a minute and then clapped her hands excitedly. "As a matter of fact, I do."

"Great!" Stefan seemed relieved. "What is it?"

Bella turned back to face me. "When is your family going to be here?" She asked.

"Probably late tonight, why?" I asked. She raised her eyebrow and waited for me to get it. "Of course! That's brilliant, love!"

She beamed at me, happy about the praise. She quickly explained her plans to everyone and they were all for it. She was very proud of herself, for coming up with a nonviolent solution. I was happy she was happy.

She disappeared for a while, going downstairs to check on her friend. Caroline had joined them and Emmett was upstairs enjoying a shower.

Which left me alone in the living room. I was sitting in a large arm chair, with my head back and my eyes closed, waiting and hoping that Bella still wanted to spend time with me today and allow me to ask her questions.

All of a sudden, I wasn't alone. Somebody was sitting on the arm of the chair, leaning towards me. Tiny feminine fingers traced along my face. I would have been fine with it if it was the right female. I opened my eyes and was face to face with Katherine. I pulled back, causing her to drop her hands, but she remained close for comfort.