Ch. 11 | First.. date?

Stefan and I were waiting for the girls, outside of the house. I wasn't used to living in a place with such nice weather. It was pretty relaxing, though I knew a time would come that I would miss the rain. Maybe one day I'd convince Bella to rejoin me in Forks. Eh, on second thought, I'd better not. It holds as many bad memories as good.

I was wondering if I should say something to Stefan to help nudge Bella's plan along. I hated to meddle, I knew if they were meant to be they would find their way to each other, even if it took a couple of years. Bella was just too excited about it. She insisted the two friends felt something for eachother and just didn't realize it.

"Do you think they're going to fall in love and get married and thank you in their wedding speech?" I had teasingly asked her.

She smirked at me and eyed me from head to toe. "Well, you never know." She said, her voice was so alluring, and I wondered if she was doing it on purpose. I narrowed my eyes at her in suspicion, and her answer was to walk toward me, barely stopping long enough to kiss the corner of my mouth, and then walked on past me.

I had turned my head to watch her retreating form, and knew from the sway of her hips as she walked, that was exactly what she wanted. That's when I took off outside to calm down while she got ready, and Stefan joined me shortly thereafter.

We talked about the weather, and the change. He was firing off questions left and right to make sure I was okay enough to do this. I told him I felt good, and time would tell how correct that feeling is.

Finally, after diliberating for twenty minutes, I decided to bite the bullet and talk to him. "So, uh, Caroline." I said.

"What about Caroline?" Stefan asked, I looked over at him, and he was staring at the house.

"She's very beautiful." I stated the obvious, like an idiot. Stefan turned his head to look at me, his expression hard.

"If you're considering skipping out on Bella for Caroline, my advice is don't." He told me, his voice full of unconcealed anger and irritation. "You wouldn't get very far."

"What?" I asked, my face screwed up in disgust as I processed what he said. "No. Of course not." He examined my face and relaxed exponentially. "What I meant to say was... Do you think she's very beautiful?"

Stefan laughed softly and shook his head once. "Of course I do, Caroline is a gorgeous, magnificent creature."

I hummed softly, partly in agreement, partly in satisfaction. Perhaps Bella really was right about this.

"Why do you ask?" Stefans voice was quiet and suspicious.

What should I do in this situation? Bite the bullet and tell the truth. "I think there's something between you two."

"You do?" He asked skeptically.

"Well, Bella does. I'm starting to, too, however." I answered him. He looked thoughtful, and a little upset. For what, at the moment I couldn't tell.

"Maybe there is something there." Stefan admitted reluctantly. I didn't want to ask why, I assumed he was weighing the pros and cons of dating one of his best friend's.

"Why don't you ask her out and see where it goes?" I suggested. Stefan nodded once, and whispered 'maybe I will' under his breath. He still seemed preoccupied, and I wanted to help him. I just didn't know how.

Finally, the girls were ready and came outside. They were dressed casually, wearing natural makeup. Bella's hair fell in loose waves, framing her face and falling down her back. She was natural, and she was perfect. Caroline put more effort into her look, and eagerly looked to Stefan as if seeking approval. My eyes followed her to him, and he stared back at the two women.