The Prettiest Christmas Sweater

Four months after Ben's coronation, the trees were bare and instead of enclosing her in a warm embrace, the wind howled and made her shiver. With it being her first holiday in Auradon she was more excited to experience what Christmas really was. Thanksgiving had long passed, but she and the other VKs had relished in the feast. They had been invited to Beast Castle by Ben and his parents because so many other students would be with their families. Plus, the school would be closed over the holiday break.

Evie would never forget her first Black Friday where she was finally encouraged to shop for the best deals and indeed, she did.

But with all that in hindsight, there was just two weeks until Christmas. Evie was finding quite the delight in all of the activities in Auradon. The Preparatory had things like tree decorating, ice skating, spirit week and a hot cocoa night, something she had yet to try.

The tree decorating had been fun as each student was given a small pine tree and was tasked with creating the best. Naturally, Evie's tree had a color scheme of royal blue with gold and red accents. Though she didn't win, she still marveled at the way some put popcorn strings and tinsel or little pictures of their pets.

Ice skating had been quite the fail. Being a—well clumsy person, she fell on the ice more times than she actually managed to skate. Mal and Jay pridefully stood towards the edges, hoping not to make a fool of themselves falling. Carlos on the other hand stole the show with his ability to learn the art. By the end of the night, he was performing figure eights around the other VKs.

In regards to school spirit week, it was one of the few things Evie had been drawn to immediately. She always planned her outfits in advance and found that she had more school spirit than some of the long-time students did. And it wasn't just because she had been a cheerleader for Tourney, either.

It was a known fact that Evie loved participating in all the "hoo-rah" and to go all out. It was a stark comparison to Mal who on school colors day wore blue and yellow socks that purposefully hadn't been visible through her black combat boots.

Nonetheless, Evie's love of Christmas had been growing with all the lights, tinsel, gingerbread, candy canes, trees and her personal favorite, the music. Something about the holiday season had grown on Evie, filling her with undeniable cheer.

⭐️

Despite her excitement for spirit week, it quickly disappeared fell when she saw the spirit week days had been chosen. Monochromatic Monday, TV Character Tuesday, Royalty Wednesday, Santa and Elf Thursday and to her disgust, Ugly Christmas Sweater Friday.

Who in their right mind would purposefully wear something ugly? Evie thought as she folded up the paper and left her Composition course. Walking to the cafeteria, she sat in the group's usual spot in the back of the cafeteria. She waited for the rest of the group to arrive before she grabbed her own lunch.

Jay was first to arrive, then Carlos, followed by Lonnie, Jane, Mal and Doug. Ben ate with the group when he was able to. However, due to his Kingship Council Course, he often missed lunch.

When everyone arrived, Evie got up to grab her lunch and set the tray down between Carlos and Mal, across from Doug. As she returned to the table, her arms were crossed and a frown was on her face. She slammed the sheet of paper on the table and took a bite of her sandwich.

"What's that?" Mal asked as she looked up from her food with a glance at her blue haired best friend.

"Got a bad grade?" Jane asked. Evie shook her head.

With a grumble, she replied. "Ugly Christmas Sweater day"

Doug smiled and cocked his head in confusion. "What's so bad about that?"